Reunion. . .

**[Song: Worst In Me - Unlike Pluto]**

//Hello! Kariiki here! I just wanted to say that I'm not sure if everyone is going to like this song. I usually listen to this song while trying to write this story, so I hope you enjoy!\\

~   ~   ~   ~   ~

"I'm sorry, but you can't be discharged in your condition." a man said, a white lab coat draping over his shoulders.

"B-But school is gonna. . ."

"I'm sorry, Miss. Your body just won't be able to handle the strain. You have to stay in the hospital." the man apologizes.

The girl looks at her hands in her lap, balling them into fists.

'It's not fair.'

"Miss? Did you hear me, Miss?" the doctor calls her attention.

"H-Huh?"

"I said, that your test results should come in this afternoon. We should alert you of the results not long after that." the doctor concludes, walking towards the door.

'Why did it have to be me?'

"Have a good day, Miss Shields." the doctor bids a farewell and disappears out into the hall.

'Why only me? Why must I be trapped in this hospital, when everyone else gets to actually live their lives?!'

She finds life to be unfair and cruel. . . And she lets her anger out by hitting the hospital bed with her fists.

'This was my only chance to see them again! I have to see them!'

She so desperately wished to escape and to be reunited with those she had left so long ago. . .

'That's it! I'm gonna get out of here, one way or another!!'

The girl slides her legs off the edge of the bed, a small thud heard as they lightly hit the side railing of the bed. The girl begins to push herself off the bed and onto her feet. Her vision rises to her true height. A vision she hasn't seen in years. . .

"It's been so long. . ."

She whispers, as tears fall from her eyes in joy. She first changes and then turns to look at the window and begins to slowly walk towards it, her balance not being the best.

"If I'm to get out of here without the doctors or nurses noticing me, I'm going to have to jump."

She contemplated jumping out the window, as she was on the first floor, but she didn't know if her legs could support her.

'This is my only chance. . . My one, and only chance. . .'

She thought this phrase over and over again as she lept out of the window, her legs supporting her weight as she hit the ground.

'I-I did it! I really did it! Now, to get out of here.'

The girl ran off towards her only home.

~   ~   ~   ~   ~

As the girl approached her home, she could hear the yelling and screaming of those who had raised her since childhood. She went up to the house and lightly knocked at the door.

"SHUT UP!! SOMEONE'S AT THE DOOR!" a woman screamed.

The girl could hear footsteps approaching the door, and she began to cry once more, so overjoyed to hear their voices. The door opened, and a look of surprise took its place on the woman's face.

"KAZA?!" the woman practically screamed as she suddenly hugged the girl.

"Hello again, Mrs. Bakugo."

The girl could barely speak through her tears, and as she gazed over the woman's shoulders, she saw a friend of hers with an expression she'd never seen before.

"Katsuki, look who it is!!" the woman said less excitedly, tears brimming in her eyes.

The boy only stood inside the house, staring at the girl on his doorstep bewilderedly.

"Hey, Suki. It's been a while, hasn't it?"

The girl calls him by his old childhood nickname. The boy couldn't even respond, so his mom goes over to him to smack him on the head.

"OW! WHAT THE HELL?!" he screams at his mother.

"WELL, STOP STARING AND ACTUALLY SAY SOMETHING TO HER!" she yells back at him, as he stops to think for a moment.

'They're exactly the same as when I left them so long ago.'

The girl was glad that she was welcomed in their home, but she couldn't help but be interested in Bakugo's plans for the future. She wanted to stay with them for rest of her life, and not go back to a place she feared.

"What do you want?!" he snaps at her, having caught her staring at him.

"Oh, it's nothing really. But I was just wondering as to which academy you are going to go to now?"

"U.A High. . ." Bakugo responds slowly, as the girl begins to smile.

"Good thing I applied for U.A then!"

The boy only looks at her in shock and disbelief.

"You're going to U.A too? AREN'T YOU SICK?!" he raised his voice at her, not realizing what affect that had on her.

A loud ringing began to pierce her ears, and a headache pounding away in her brain. The girl quickly cupped her ears with her hands, letting out a small yelp when the immense pain had started. Not long after, the girl dropped to her knees and brought her face to the ground.

'Not now!!'

"Kaza? . . . KAZA?!" both Mrs. Bakugo and Bakugo, himself, called out to her.

"I-It's alright. . . I'm f-fine. . ."

The ringing in her ears and the pounding headache stopped, but she soon realized that blood had come from her ears.

"Blood?! We have to bring you back to the hospital, Kaza!" Mrs. Bakugo told the girl.

"No! Please! Anything but that! I can't go back there. It'll drive me crazy! All the testing, and needles, and scary doctors, and the weird noises during the night. . ."

The girl goes on and on about the things in the hospital that would stress her out, her eyes widening in absolute horror.

"I understand. Let's get you cleaned up now, and then we'll get you to bed. You'll need as much rest as you can get before school starts again, right?" Mrs. Bakugo explained to the girl simply, not wanting to put further strain on the girl's mind and body.

Bakugo only watched as his childhood friend was slowly deteriorating from the inside. That's all anyone could do. . . Watch and wait. There seemed to be no cure for her; furthermore, no medication to ease her pain.