Chapter 1-The Rewrite in which I'm a Crappy Side Character in my Own Book World.

Just one chapter left.

It's amazing what goes through your mind when you're dying.

I had taken a break and gone to the nearest convenience store to buy a boatload of chocolate to celebrate writing the last chapter to the last installment of my book series. When I started to write this story of swords, magic, and court intrigue a couple years ago, I could have never dreamt that the books would get published and that they would actually be popular. Of course, that just meant for the last book of the series, the pressure was on to write a good ending. Even though most of the fan mail I got was surprisingly encouraging, I could sense the inpatient desire for the next and final book.

The ending better be worth it. I could read the message clearly in between the lines. But despite multiple setbacks, a couple mini nervous breakdowns and one bad tequila binge that I hoped everyone would quickly forget, I had written the majority of the book. All I had left was to write the last chapter. Thus the purchasing of the celebratory chocolate, so I could party as soon as I was finished writing.

Who would have thought I would get hit by a car on my way back from the store?

My first thought as darkness overcame me was for my book series.

I hadn't finished the ending yet!

My second was for all the wasted chocolate.

I never got to eat any!

I woke up in a strange body, in a room I didn't recognize.

I stared down at myself, surprised. I was wearing some sort of dress with an apron draped over it almost seemed like a uniform of some sort. Nothing like my usual jeans and a t-shirt. More shockingly, I seemed to have shrunk in height, but grown in... other dimensions. Confused, I poked my own chest. Huh, seemed real enough. How did I go up 2 cup sizes overnight? If I could patent this method, I'd be rich! I slapped my face lightly. Focus!

Running to a nearby mirror mounted on the wall, I stared at the reflection. A sharper, more refined face stared back at me, with black hair and green eyes that looked nothing like my own. I poked my face too. Ouch. What the heck?! How did I turn into someone else?!

Weirdly enough, I felt like I should recognize it...

"KATARINA!" A strident voice interrupted my perusal of my new face and body. An older woman in a similar uniform to the one I was wearing walked in, shooting me a look of disgust.

"I've told you before, stop being so slow in the mornings! Miss Autumn should be waking up any moment now! Why are you not in her room ready to serve her?!"

Ignoring my open mouthed look of astonishment, she pulled me by the hand through the halls towards another room. I glanced around at the stone floors and walls, the intimidating decorations, only slightly surprised to see magical floating balls of light being used instead of lamps.

This all seemed so familiar.

We entered a beautiful room, luxuriously decorated in red and pink colors. A girl was tucked into the enormous canopy bed, sleeping.

"Lady Autumn, it's time to wake up." The older woman beside me called gently, seemingly reluctant to disturb her.

What the heck?! Was this the same woman who gave me the death glare and scolding just a few minutes back? Who was this sweet looking old lady?

Shocked, I kept my mouth shut and my head down.

The girl sat up in bed and looked up at us, excited.

"Hooray, It's finally my birthday!" She was a cute teenage girl, with bright eyes and a big smile. I couldn't help but smile back.

"Yes, Ma'am, today is the day the Prince's messenger should arrive!" The older woman's eyes were sparkling, but at her words the girl Autumn's smile faded and was replaced with a nervous expression.