Creating Leaderful Organizations: How to Bring Out Leadership in Everyone

Title:  Creating Leaderful Organizations: How to Bring Out Leadership in Everyone

ISBN: 13: 978-1576752333

Publisher:  Berrett-Koehler

In this age of lean operations, of doing more with less, leadership may be the most desperate problem we face in organizational life. Yet, conceived in a different way, Raelin shows how it may also represent the very solution to the problems. The new form of leadership that Raelin describes responds to our seemingly chaotic world by bringing out the best of the human condition. Many people have suggested that leaders consult with their followers, or that leaders learn to step aside to let others take the reins. Raelin, on the other hand, is talking about a truly mutual model that incorporates everyone in leadership - that transforms leadership from being an individual property into a leaderful practice. He details this new paradigm and offers practical guidance for preparing for leaderful practice, distributing leadership roles, developing individuals to assume leaderful practice, and dealing with employee and manager resistance. Creating Leaderful Organizations reveals the benefits of adopting the leaderful approach, both in terms of its contribution to the bottom-line as well as its appeal to important democratic, human instincts.