CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE.

"Can I see the picture?" She inquired.
"Sure." I handed my phone to her. Samantha is a trusted soul. She handed my phone as it rang, and left my office in a jiffy, giving me the privacy to receive the call.

Robins: Hey bro, what's up?
Damian: I'm good, what's up with you?
Robins: Who's your secretary?
Damian: She's Samantha, why?
Robins: She's been sent to monitor you.
Damian: *Giggled hard* do your research well, bro, she's more or less a  sister to me.
Robins: I'm serious.
Damian: Can you say something else?
Robins: No, I'm after your safety, bro, your life is at stake.
Damian: I appreciate, really but it's not Samantha, okay? Bye.
Robins: Damian!!! Don't goooo!

I hung up immediately I said bye. Robins can't be serious, like, how would he say Samantha of all people, huh? I rolled my sleeves so I could check my system but his call interrupted again, I didn't even bother to pick up.

Today is Samantha's  the system reminded.
"Holy shit." How come I didn't know? Fuck!
I dragged the landline phone to call her, on the second ring, she picked up.
"Happy birthday to you, Samantha."
"Huh? Sorry? Me? Birthday? Today?" She spoke in perplexity.
" Is today not your birthday?" I asked.
"Oh, yeah, yeah, today's my birthday, my mind slipped." She spoke.
I grinned, "alright, we'll go out later." I said as I dropped the call.

†††‡††††††††††††*†††*†††*†††††††††††††††

" Sarah was here some hours ago? What has she done in Damian's system? That lady is notorious." Samantha's phone rang as she thought of Sarah, "oh, she's her mother's daughter, incoming call from her."

Sarah: Hello, Samantha.
Samantha: *Spoke apologetically*
Hey Sarah, how're you?
Sarah: I'm good, I forgot to tell you that I changed your birth date on your boss' computer system, your birthday is today, just play along please.
Samantha: He just wished me a happy birthday not quite long but why did you do that?
Sarah: I'll be flying to London tomorrow evening and I want to clear everything before I leave cos I don't think I'll be returning to Beverly Hills.
Samantha: *Inhaled and exhaled heavily*
Okay, can you tell me what exactly Damian did? I'm beginning to get scared and confuse.
Sarah: By tomorrow y'all would know, I promise.
Samantha: Am I trusting you?
Sarah: Yes, sure, pin my words.
Samantha: Alright, till tomorrow.
Sarah: Before I say bye, I've made an arrangement with the bartender at Cruiser's club, Damian's drink has been mixed with
Samantha: *Yelled*
With what, Sarah?
Sarah: Shift your date to tomorrow, bye. I love you."
Samantha: *Left in perplexity.*