Megurion was just another world in the multiverse, but Hamtalin was not just another country in the world of Megurion. It was one of the four High Kingdoms, holding that title for its land, strength and many other factors, its motto being the famous "miracle".

Each country had very different cultures and lifestyle. People rarely had any interaction outside of their respective countries and therefore, they never traded or merged culture in any way. It was impossible for globalization to happen in Megurion at this rate, which, in a way, could be a good thing.

Either way, the people of the High Kingdoms couldn't travel the lands freely because of a pact that they had agreed on--the High Kingdoms Pact, obviously. In short, it meant peace would be fulfilled if everyone stayed out of each other's way. These four kingdoms sometimes took control of some of the minor countries, which meant it became more difficult for the people of the High Kingdoms to really go anywhere. The people slowly completely settled down in their own countries.

There were still people from the minor kingdoms who traveled around as travelers, traders, mercenaries--but they were considered outcasts by the people of the High Kingdoms, and that made it difficult for them to enter the lands possessed by the four kingdoms. Travelers started to decrease.

Ever since the High Kingdoms Pact was signed by the four countries, Megurion was completely at peace in terms of big wars. However, there were still small ones that occurred every now and then when a kingdom from the High Kingdoms were going to take control of some minor countries, but they usually didn't last long and didn't really give an impact to the world.

The best way to live life in this time was as a person who lived in one of the High Kingdoms. Even better if you were a noble or a royalty. Then again, that was just Valora's personal opinion--which you probably shouldn't trust because as far as she remembered, she'd only lived one life, and that was as a noble, so obviously she would say that--and besides, she didn't even know if those other High Kingdoms had nobles or not. Again, do not trust this girl.

"Did you have fun ditching the party to do whatever it is you did with that commoner?"

"As a matter of fact, mother, I did," Valora replied with a kind smile. She spared her mother a glance before returning her utmost focus to the cheese muffin in front of her. She found muffins to be a mystery. It looked so small and tiny, but it always hard work to finish them unless you cut them into pieces and eat them that way. Valora and Lyra had a theory of how they kept growing inside their wrapping.

Lady Bethany sighed at her daughter's reply. Their relationship was more dealing with each other than actually understanding one another. It was no secret they had different views on quite a lot of things, but despite all the little bickering here and there, they actually still had a normal mother-and-daughter relationship.

Their dining room was not as good as the one in the palace, but it was definitely better than the commoners' and even some other nobles. The main part was of course the large rectangular table with ten chairs at each 'long' sides and one at each 'wide' sides, which equaled to twenty-two.

In front of each chair were all the things anyone would need inside a dining room. The complete set: salad plate, dinner plate, bread plate, soup spoon, teaspoon, dessert spoon, all kinds of knives, forks, glasses and cups--and most importantly--a napkin. Sometimes, it was quite intimidating to face this kind of thing, but Valora got used to it fairly quickly.

"What did you even do with him?" the woman asked. The dining table felt lonely with just the two of them. There were usually around ten to twenty people--the large Antoinette family--but everyone was especially busy today for some reason.