Introduction

The War of the Beginning.

The war between the archangel Seraph and the archdemon Dominic.

It occurred thousands of years ago in the world of Megurion, a normal world just trying to get by in the multiverse.

Wars and battles between angels and demons were quite common in the multiverse. No humans actually saw them, but there were effects that were said to be originated from those fights--such as the happenings of natural disasters like earthquakes, blizzards and tornadoes. Angels and demons typically didn't have a reason for fighting. The fact that they hated each other--or more accurately; born to hate each other--was a good enough reason.

But this war changed Megurion forever.

Perhaps it was supposed to be one of those mindless wars that angels and demons did, or perhaps there was a hidden reason that no one really bothered to find out. Either way, it was said to be a very fierce war.

The legends told that each world consisted of two planes; the material and the ethereal. The material was where humans lived and the ethereal could only be accessed by magical creatures at that time. Seraph and Dominic met up at the ethereal plane of Megurion and, for some reason, started battling. Seraph the angel with his sword and shield, Dominic the demon with his bow and arrows.

It lasted for days, which bled into weeks, months and gradually became years. During this war, many angels and demons came to their aid respectively, but almost all of them were slaughtered. In the end, the only ones who remained standing were always the pair that started the war in the first place. Soon, the angels and demons, scared for their own lives, decided to ignore the ethereal world of Megurion completely.

Dominic had a special kind of power. He could collect all kinds of energy--good or bad, positive or negative, gentle or resentful--and once he finally collected the right amount of quota of energy, he could cast his best curse. It was supposed to an everlasting curse, but they had been going at it for a lot of years and Dominic had admittedly also grown tired.

When he casted this curse, the legends told that the material and ethereal planes of Megurion combined into one for a split second. During this time, many monsters transferred from the ethereal plane to the material plane, but that wasn't the worst that happened.

Dominic's curse had made Seraph temporarily unable to use his magic. As the archangel was surprised, Dominic seized the moment and pierced through his enemy's heart with his arrow.

Victory was his.

But Seraph had a trick of his own. Despite knowing he was about to die, he couldn't stand being a disgrace of the angels. Dominic thought he was dead and therefore must've lowered his guard. Taking this chance, the archangel used the last bit of his energy to cut off Dominic's head.

Their blood, in the form of magical energy, splattered all over Megurion--or more precisely, the material plane of Megurion--and hit many people. The effects of the blood was different. The archdemon's blood brought the gift of enabling the people to use magic, while the archangel's, due to how he was temporarily cursed at the end of his life, also brought the curse of making people unable to use magic.

Not all people was hit by the blood, but they were still different from the people who got cursed by Seraph's blood. The difference would be more prominent at a later time, when the world of Megurion started using more advanced magic.

The people who got the gift of magic from Dominic's blood called themselves 'magic-users' until they shortened it to 'mages'. They learnt magic for many things, but back then, it was used mostly in the form of the four elements, specifically for war.

The thing was, everyone who got hit by both Seraph and Dominic's blood knew of the war that occurred. They knew of the gift that Dominic brought them and the curse that Seraph put upon them.

Back then, it was a popular time for the strong to enslave the weak. Even enslavement was still popular to this day. The people who got cursed were afraid that they would be sold as slaves and decided to take matters into their own hands before the gifted people started thinking of anything peculiar.

Megurion was divided into four continents that were named based on the four High Kingdoms that resided on each one. The High Kingdoms each had a motto that they followed: miracle, loyalty, peace and joy. Coincidentally, none of the royalties were either gifted nor cursed--they stayed normal humans. It wasn't a difficult task for the cursed people to manipulate them.

They whispered manipulations of how the mages were demonic, using dark arts to be stronger and were planning to take over the royalties. It was overall a logical story. The more the people repeated this to the royalties, the more they believed it. After all, people with power are always scared someone would take their throne.

At this time, the High Kingdoms decided to make a pact. In short, they wouldn't attack each other. It was beneficial to everyone in Megurion and was sealed with the building of the Magic Academy, located in a small island in the middle of the four continents. It was originally Ordalos', one of the High Kingdoms, land.

From then on, the mages would have to use their power for the good of their respective kingdoms, indirectly becoming slaves of the royalties. Also, the cursed people instead gained the titles of nobles, people whom the royalties favour.

And that was how the world of Megurion lived for many years until . . .

×××

Welcome to the world of Megurion! Hope you enjoy your stay here~ 🎊
-J. x