HIS LITTLE SECRET

His Little Secret

Winter in Thailand was mostly rain, rain and more rain. It wasn't that he disliked the season but today was just... let's just say everything had gone so incredibly wrong.

Krist cursed under his breath while hugging himself, rubbing his arms to keep himself warm. He had been standing at the bus stop for half an hour and judging by how dark the sky was, it didn't seem like it'll stop any time near soon.

"Do you hate me that much? My home, my job, my girlfriend... really? In just one day? Really?! What did I do so wrong that you need to take all those away from me!!?" Krist yelled as he looked up the sky.

As soon as he finished, a bright lightning flashed and hit the tree across the street. A second later, a deafening thunder filled the sky and the tree split into half and fell onto the ground. He was too terrified to react. He looked up the sky again, then at the tree.

He blinked.

It felt like the God was answering his angry outburst. So he quickly knelt down on both knees, and begged for a quick forgiveness, "Okay, okay, I am so sorry! I am so sorry. I was rude, please forgive me."

He took a deep breath. Slowly he opened his eyes and looked at the dark sky again. "Dear God, if you're listening, I just want someone who can accept me for what I am.... a job that is enough to make a living... and a comfortable place to stay."

"Consider it done."

"What?" Krist turned around almost immediately toward the voice to find a handsome man as tall as him, with tanned skin, smiling at him. A charming smile.

"Do you want to be my lover?" The man approached him.

"Excuse me? What?" Krist stood up immediately, putting his guard on against the stranger.

"Your work. Be my pretence lover. I'll pay you enough and you can live with me." The man said it, almost nonchalantly, like it was so normal to ask such request from him

"I don't know you. Why would I want to be your lover?" Krist glared at him suspiciously.

The young man smiled. "Singto Prachaya. My name. As to why... because you need a job? And a place to stay."

Silence.

Krist looked around, no one, not even a car passed by the road. He turned his gaze back to the one in front of him.

"You are not a serial killer, are you?"

The man, Singto, chuckled. "No. Here's my card."

       -Singto Prachaya-

-Freelance Photographer-

He lifted his gaze from the card to the handsome man then down to the camera around his neck. He then turned to the sky, thinking. Then he looked back at Singto.

"Just pretence? Right?" Krist asked, hesitantly.

"Yeah. Why? Do you want to be my real lover?"

"What? No. Not into men."

Singto rolled his eyes. "I know. You mention girlfriend earlier."

"Why do you need a pretence lover?"

"Long story."

"Make it short," Krist said impatiently.

"I'm gay. Mom wants me to marry her friend's daughter. I don't want to."

"That's... not very long."

"You said make it short."

"Why me?"

Singto shrugged. "Do you believe me if I call it fate?" The smile and the gaze made Krist' heart skip a beat. 'Fuck.'

Krist looked at the man again. Studying him. Honestly, even as a man found the other guy handsome and charming.

When Singto flashed his smile again and blinked, his heart skipped another beat. Krist blinked and slowly placed his right hand on his chest.

He took a glance at the sky again then back at the handsome young man and said, "tell you what. If this heavy rain stopped within 5 minutes, I'll be your real lover." It came out of his lips before he could even stop himself. A stupid challenge to the heaven above.

And then rain slowly stopped. Within 5 minutes.

He looked at his watch, then to the his surrounding before his gaze landed on the young man next to him..

"What? Don't look at me. I don't control the rain."

"Really?"

"Yeah, so can I have your phone number, boyfriend?"

Krist just blinked as he handed Singto his phone.

"Don't look so scared. I know you were just joking earlier. Pretence lover is okay with me."

*****

"Hey baby, what are you thinking of?" A sweet voice and a soft caress on his cheek made him turn to his left. "You've been staring at the rain for half an hour or so."

Krist smiled as he stared into the man's eyes, trying to figure out something, "I'm thinking about how you tricked me into being your lover and your husband."

When he got no reaction from his husband, he tried to pry again, "You... tricked me didn't you?"

His husband just smiled at this accusation. "Yeah? Why did you think so?"

"I was supposed to be a pretence lover but the next thing I knew we're already married." He ended it with a little pout.

Singto just laughed, pulling his Krist into a hug. He snuggled against his neck and refused to give his cute husband any answer. Not like he could tell that he fell in love with Krist the first time he laid his eyes on him one rainy winter day, a year before their fateful meeting.

He wanted it to be his little secret.

THE END.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Editor's notes:

Title suggestion: His Little Secret.

I purposely made a few phrases/words into italic to add more emphasise onto the sentence flow.

I really love the story TT can't wait for you to release it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's notes:

Thank you ty for proofreading this! And Thank you all for reading!

Cover photo cr: Kajaebbb & KR!STER