Chapter Four: Idiots

"What brings you here?" Her Father asks.

Shrugging I say, "It was either here the last village or the next village. I've been traveling for ten days sense the last time I stopped."

"Have you awakened your magic yet?" Tea's sister asks.

So caught off guard by this question I stutter, "Wha... What?!" Oh, that's what she met. "Yea," I say looking down at the table we're sitting at.

"She use to write to us about how excited she was for your power to awaken. Did she ever get to.." She trails off as a tear rolls down her cheek.

"No. The shock of her death triggered it," I say as I trace a scar on my arm. Wait sense when did I have this scar?

"What are your powers?" Asks the boy who I now notice look around my age. Huh, doesn't look a day over hot to me. Focus Ebony! But he's sooooooo cute! Yea and so are those other boys in past villages. Oh right he asked me a question.

"Ummm... I. They're... My powers...." looking at the now interesting table, well not really interesting, I just don't know what to do right now.

"Just take your time," Tea's father says, sympathy in his eyes.

"I guess I really don't know what my powers are," I say. It's not a lie but it's not the truth either. "I never really gave my abilities a name," I tell them.

"If you didn't know what power was what then how do you know what power to use?" Asks Tea's sister.

"Using each power feels different. I suppose I memorized how each power feels so I've never had a need to give then a name before," I tell her. The thought of naming my powers has actually never occurred to me before.

"How about I get you cleaned up and into better cloths and we go enjoy the festival tonight. Get our minds off all this," she tells me.

"Sure," I say. It would be nice to have fun for once. I don't remember the last time I had fun.

Walking outside the sight is amazing. There are people playing instruments I've never seen before, people twirling sticks that are on fir at each end, people dancing, stands that have tasty smelling food on them, and much more.

"I don't think we've properly met before," says the boy I now realize I have a crush on. "My name is Jack," he tells me.

"You already know my name, I'm guessing" I say.

"Ebony. Am I right?" He asks.

"Na, it's Lily. Yes, yes you're right," I tell him. Did I just use sarcasm? How the hell do I even know what that is?

Smiling he says, "Come on. Lets go have some fun!"

Smiling I reply, "Okay who're we gonna go annoy?!"

"I got a few in mind," he replies. "That is, if you're up for it."

"Are you kidding?! Of course I'm up for it! Why would I miss the opportunity to learn new methods of annoying others?!" I'm not kidding either. I get so bored that I annoy others for something to do.

"Fallow me," he says.

Fallowing him we break away from the party and go down a dark alley. Starting to get uneasy about things I say, "Where are we going?"

"This this person named Leo. I don't like him. He ticked me off yesterday. Imma get revenge," He tells me. Fair enough.

"Then what are we waiting for? No one messes with my family without getting hell from me about it," I tell him.

"Same," he replies.

Walking for another five minutes I for the first time in a long time left myself start to relax. Then Boom. Jack in on the ground. I freeze.

"I though you'd stop by. So Jakey, what you doin here?" Taunts an annoying voice.

"Let go of me Leo!" Jack demands. So this is who Leo is. He must not know I am here. Sucks to be him. Jack letting out a tiny cry of pain my head snaps up.

"What should I do to you this time Jakey?" Laughing he continues, "When I'm done with you, you'll be crying for your mommy."

Stepping out of the shadow I say, "What makes you think that you'll be doing anything to him?"

"Ebony, just step back and wait for him to do whatever he wants to me. I don't want you getting hurt," Jack tells me.

Laughing I actually find it funny Jack thinks that Leo will be able to hurt me. "And who here is going to hurt me? Leo would be a fool to even try," I say.

Letting go of Jack, Leo lunges for me. Without even blinking an eye I put a magical barrier in front of me. "For your sake I'd suggest you leave. You trying to hurt me is just waisting everyone's time," I tell him. Let him. When he thinks he's won I'll show him who's really boss here.

Grabbing my throat in his hand I'm a bit shocked by this. I never thought he'd be this bold. And stupid. Now I know to be more careful.

Pinning me up against the wall he says, "Do you need me to teach you a lesson to kitten? Don't worry, yours will be much more fun than his. Hope you're not a virgin," he threatens his hot breath on my neck.

That pervert! Mad I grab his wrist with my hand, twist it and push him to the ground. "Sick pervert. Don't ever touch me again," I say my voice surprising me by how calm it sounds.

Looking at Jack he looks surprised. "Come one, we're done waisting our time here," I tell him.

Throwing all his power at me I stumble to the the ground. Now I'm pissed off. Standing up and turning around he's about to throwing another ball of power at me. Raising my hand both his hands got to his sides six inches or so from his body.

"Congrats. You've successfully pissed me off," I say my voice still calm. All this happening within seconds. The ball of power that was coming towards I disfuze and make fade into nothing before it can touch me.

"Come out boys," Loe says. This completely catches me off guard. Now Jack and I are surrounded by ten boys who're just as stupid as Leo. This should be fun.

"Hmph." Raising an eyebrow I look at everyone who is surrounding us. "This should be fun," I state.