Chap 36: I hate loving him

Lonely here without you makes me miss you even when I shouldn't be thinking about you.

••°••°••°••°••
Play this song as you read 'Heaven' by Tatiana Manaois.

"You don't seem happy, " Kevin noted as he took my hand and we walked to his car. I had washed my face using freezing water to cover my puffy eyes but still it was easy to realize that I've been crying for the whole hour I had been waiting for Kevin to pick me.

"I'm okay, " I lied trying to sound more convincing. An hour since he left me sprawled on my bed and I just fucking miss him. It has been only a week after we hooked up but the emptiness I felt made me want him. We had grown so much close and I can't hide the longing I felt. My day will be long and I know I will lose my mind if we stay apart the whole weekend.

Did he agree on the wedding ? Maybe dumped me ?

"Huddah, what is the problem ?" Kevin snapped me as he opened the passenger door for me. I just hummed and stepped in without answering him. He shut the door and went to the right entering and this time took my hand and looked at me. "Anything to worry about ?" He pressed squezzing my hand.

"Some little family issues, " I lied. I should strungle this feeling to avoid the uneasiness I felt.

"I'm sorry, all will be well, " he believed my words and drove away. I shut my eyes shaking all the shit between me and Jamal. I know it isn't that easy to forget him but I will try at least for some hours.

"I didn't know you would surely find time for us to hang out, I thought you were joking, " he said smiling. I inwardly giggled imagining how he would feel if he happens to know the truth. If Jamal didn't leave me then I could not have called him of course. I'm shitty, right ?

"I was serious when I agreed to hang out with you plus I had missed you, " I lured trying to make myself as comfortable as I could. It was true I always miss him even though I was using him today to distract my mind from the guy I'm in love with.

"Oh, I always miss you too, sometimes I feel as if you hate me, " he softly spoke hurt evidence on his tone.

"I don't hate you Kevin, " I spoke taking my phone from the small bag I carried.

"The way you act, like you don't even wear my necklace anymore. "

Dammit! I didn't know he realised that I've never worn it since that morning. My boss has so much occupied my mind and I almost forgot all about Kevin. As if that's not enough I forgot all about his gifts.

"I forgot it today, " I hurriedly answered to cover the nervousness.

"Do you like me Huddah ?"

I felt something cross my stomach and I was wondering how the hell I will answer all these serious questions, obviously I don't like him. My boss maybe such a bitch and break my heart but I'm not able to love Kevin. I just should make him my friend, right ?

"I don't know about that , " I answered wondering what else I would have said. He went silent and I figdeted on my seat. I hope he won't throw me through the window and leave me to be crushed to death. I know how it feels to constantly like someone who doesn't care about you.

I can never cut myself into pieces and satisfy all of them. I think they have to accept and give up on me.

"I like you so much Huddah, since that day I came in your office, I thought I will have a chance with you, " he said on a serious tone concentrating on the road. Geez! This day gonna be long too. "You were good to me and I was glad to take things slow for the two months but you even don't want to see me these days."