2

"What?", Every man in the room said at once. It sounded like a giant roar.

"As I said the next to die, or well at least be taken.", she said still calm, too calm all the men thought.

"This regarding that case?", Aaron so nicely asked as if he didn't already know.

"Of course, it is. I guess he now what's to add playing mind games to his list of horrid offenses.", She said shrugging.

"I don't think you should blow this one off, Kid.", Aaron replied now concerned about her. She wasn't going to he could see that she was visibly shaken by the gift and note but those who didn't know her, really know her wouldn't see the slight reaction she was having. She was not the reckless one of the team; she was the brain and planning side however she would not hesitate to enter the fray if it was necessary.

"I don't plan on it. However, we have other issues to deal with that are more important.", she turned and looked at them, all the people who were now staring at her. "What exactly are you going to do with them?"

"Do as I was told, keep them safe and trouble far away until the next wormhole appears in what?", he started and looked at Sasuke," five weeks?"

"Yes, that is what the calculations say.", Sasuke replied, nodding.

"Five weeks?", She asked. "so, you are their bodyguard and what escort for that long?"

"looks that way.", he said shrugging his shoulders.

"Wonderful.", she said, and the tone itself was dripping with sarcasm that even the men couldn't help hearing.

"Well it could be worse, I mean you could learn some history from them.", He said cheerily.

"I need to go back to the case. Now that this arrived I must find whatever I am missing.", she said. "I must be missing something. I have poured over it so many times I could describe every detail in detail, but there must be something I overlooked. This means he must think I know something as he never started with the mind games with anyone else."

"well, true he hasn't but do you really think you of all people missed something. Maybe you should take a step back, I mean kid, he is targeting you now."

"I don't think you understand. There is no taking a step back now; he sent these to me here, now. Who knew I was here right now. It's Friday night, and I went home, Aaron. He knew I was here, right now. If you hadn't been your usual self and followed me I would be here alone.", She said.

"well then, I am glad I am predictable.", He replied laughing at himself. "how about we help? Whatever we see you could see if that is the detail you missed?"

"These details, they aren't just reading reports. The crime scene photos are beyond disturbing.", She replied shaking her head.

"Worse than a field of dead people that only died because of a grudge between the leaders?", One of the men asked she looked up to see it was the youngest of the group which if she remembered right was named Ieyasu.

"Yes, more disturbing than even that. I shouldn't let you all see the photos period, but if I do you have to understand this was the most disturbing case I have ever worked on, I couldn't even imagine reading something like this in a horror book, it is bad. The offense is a person bought abandoned warehouses, that is not a crime even through a shell company which again isn't the crime it is what he is doing in them that is. He is performing experiments. Horrible twisted experiments on women and children.", she tried to explain. "Oh, hell I can't see any other way but to show you."