3

Her own set of bodyguards became annoying to her within a week, and she honestly couldn't wait for either the time the crazy guy would show his next hand, or they went back to the past. She did, however, find them interesting but still annoying as they hovered to close or they found fault with something they perceived she did wrong. By a week's end of having them follow her three at a time she really needed a break, one night away. She knew they wouldn't like it, but she was a genuinely independent person and had been for several years now, she hated hovering. She wanted to broach the subject, but every time it was shot down before she could even get anything out. Aaron for his part was trying his best to wrangle the rest who took eight-hour shifts watching over her. This was proving to be slightly more difficult than either had imagined as she also was helping the ninja Sasuke try and find the exact location of the next wormhole. She had her hands full going over each photograph for any clues in the meantime, lucky for her as a consultant she could work on her own schedule, and she was. Pouring over the evidence one piece at a time when she was hitting a brick wall after brick wall. It wasn't until while using her computer that Sasuke of all people spotted something that seemed out of the ordinary.

"Why is there a picture of you in this photograph?", he asked pushing his glasses up higher.

"What?", she asked now moving closer.

"It is small but right here," he said pointing to a blurry spot on one photo.

" It is you but younger I think." To her, it looked like a flash blob, and she had overlooked it, but she then sectioned that bit out and ran it against another program, and sure enough, it was a picture of her at about twelve years old. Her sister was also in the photo and was probably the last photo the two had taken together. She shook her head," How did you see that?"

"I just saw it and reformatted it mentally.", he said smiling.

"We need to look at the others than for more.", She said as the two refocused on the case instead of the wormhole and he ended up finding eighteen more photos of her in the crime scene photos. They printed and laid them out, and that was when the others walked in as she and Sasuke were labeling them. One thing that stood out to her was all of them had been taken at family events, except one. It was that one that had her puzzled.

"what is going on?", Aaron asked as Hideyoshi was talking about how he just cleaned the floors, again.

"Sasuke found the missing piece, sort of at least.", She said pointing down.

"That looks like you.", Aaron said.

"That's because it is me. Pictures of me are embedded in the crime scene photos. From my childhood on.", She said. "Whoever did this knows me, knows my house, and is a part of my family."

"Woah now. Your family?", he asked.

"Every single one of these is from a family event, except this one which makes no sense, really.", she said holding out the picture.

"I remember that day.", He said.

"So, do I.," she said laughing. "However, no one from my family was there."

"Your cousin was.", He said thinking back.

"My cousin?", she asked.

"Yeah remember he was graduating too. This was when you got your Ph.D. right? Yeah, your cousin Brian was there also.", he said thinking back.

"I don't remember running into him. Whereas I remember the day, it is mostly a blur.", She said.," He could have been there."

"I have in on video remember?", he said. "We can watch it in a few I just need to find the hard drive it is on."