Complications

{No, not kill him}

Complications~
Reds Pov.

As I drew closer from behind, I tried to remain calm. As if he was a bunny that would hop away by just a sound like a snap. I could see Jacks white clouds forming out his mouth, his brows knitted together as I stood side by side, next to him.

"Jack, how about you come inside? It's cold out." I felt stupid, of course, it's cold out.

"It's winter Red, it gets cold. I just need to get back to work." Jack didn't move, he just looked out at the frozen pond that laid ahead. It hurt to see him so compelled, so lifeless, like life wasn't meant to live for. But for what!

Why just a small little hug that Goldie and Kai shared. 

"Listen to me." Nothing. "Jack just look at me." He didn't budge, I was to the point of just turning around but I care too much. "For the love of God, just look at me!" I shouted, and it seemed to get his attention.

I was right, his face seemed lifeless, his pale skin seemed even whiter, and only his eyes held emotion. Only his eyes were giving me a sign, they held a mix of emotions I couldn't describe; anger, not being one of them.

"What does it take?" Seeing his expression change so quickly worried me. First, he was worried for me, then hurt about Goldie, then back to me. I could see him straighten his back and look out again. He knew what I meant, possibly. But I needed to explain more, "I chase after you because I love you. You chase out to me because you feel it's right. But you know what Jack, I wouldn't jump off a cliff after someone if they weren't you. I wouldn't get hit by ten bullets if you weren't the one targeted. You'd do that for anyone because you're the good person. So let me ask you again. What does it take for me to show you, that you're a great person and Goldie would never cheat on you." What does it take for you to love me, Jack? I wanted to say, but what came out was completely different.

I felt even more stupid, I shouldn't have even tried again to tell him anything. It seems now every time I try to talk to him it always ends up with me feeling stupid and him not giving me anything to work with. Letting out a sigh I turn on my heel, ready to pack my stuff.

"Red wait" just by Jacks voice I turned back to meet his eyes. "I don't know- I don't know what it'll take." A part of me wanted to cower away. That's just what he'd answer too, he doesn't know what it will take to love me. "Goldie, she'd do something like you would. You and her would take bullets for anyone. Red you're just being-" he stopped. I didn't want to get mad and flip out, Before he had a chance to tell me something, what am I being Jack? He stepped closer to me. I was looking straight up at him, whatever he's going to say he's going to say it one way or another. I felt the back of his hand on my cold cheek, giving me a warm feeling with each stroke. "You're being blinded by your feelings for me." His hand dropped, almost as fast as my heart. His voice was so cold, not warm. It seemed pure evil like he didn't want me to love him that way, like he didn't even care.

I didn't know what came across me. I take in a deep breath, and with a sharp sound of a slap, I find my right-hand swipe left across his face. I couldn't control my breathing, I studied for his next move. Jacks pale skin, his left cheek now a rose red colour.

He didn't say anything. Just looked at me through his dark lashes, waiting for me to do the talking. He seemed confused, I've never shown my emotions this way, through anger, not even to an annoying mosquito.

"How dare you say it's me who is blinded." I lick my lips and bite it from the inside, hard enough to draw blood. I couldn't look at him, so I looked at the pond instead. I laugh annoyed "blinded" I whisper shaking my head.

"Red I didn't mean-"

"I know Jack" I looked at him once more. "I know what you meant, by I'm blinded. It's funny to think though because not once in all these years I've known you, did I say you were blinded by Goldie. Not once. And here you are saying I'm blinded by you." He was right at this point, I was blinded by him, but I tried to move on unlike him. "Jack you know what seems to be the problem here." I turned back toward the cabin, I could feel his eyes on me. I look over my shoulder and see that I was right, his green eyes were following me. "We only started to fight after I started to feel something for Kai. I'm not implying that you were jealous because you had nothing to be jealous of. But I started to become jealous, because you and Goldie? You and she are the star couple of the village. And I started to notice this after Kai, after you brought him in my life, Jack. But get back to work and forget about me again, I was just Goldies friend to you." I turned back to the cabin. This wasn't the first time I walked out on him, probably not even the last.

"Oh and Jack, I think it's best if you don't make a big deal about Kai and Goldie hugging. It probably meant nothing, but then again if I wasn't so blinded by you maybe I'd be acting like you right now." I smile sadly, continuing to walk.

I felt a pain in my heart, I was talking about Goldie behind her back. This isn't what a best friend should do. It's not something anyone would do, and who am I trying to steal her man? It'd never work out between Jack and I anyways. Why do I have to mess with his head, what am I getting at here. What is my goal, to jeopardise my friend's relationship?

The thought inched its way closer to my head as I came closer to the cabin door. Where Goldie and I used to live, now it's just her until we work things out. But when would that be? When would enough be enough and she'd just talk to me. Who am I to talk, I haven't made even one attempt to talk to her.

Opening the cabin door I thought about it more, should I try and make amends with her? Would I just get kicked out fully?

I haven't seen this place in a while, entering the front door seemed so foreign. I look around noticing that it all seemed to be in decent shape. No wrappers, bottles, cans, or papers everywhere. For Goldie living with Jack, it seemed surprising that it was this clean. Walking in and closing the door behind me, I make my way toward the kitchen and dining room.

From the kitchen, you could see my old bed, followed by Goldies bed, and the living room. It looked exactly like all the other one roomed cabins, or any roomed cabins. They all looked the same, the only unique cabin in a twenty mile radius was probably Grannies. Her house seemed like a palace compared to the village cabins. But not in size wise, just on how much spirit was brought there.

On the topic of Granny I remembered that red box, it was hidden, probably filled with secrets she didn't want anyone to find out. Wondering if Goldie touched it, I walk towards my bed. If she had touched it, it wouldn't be under my bed. Unless she took a peek and put it back under it. 

I crouch down to check, feeling the cold floor freeze my hands and cheek. And I saw it. The red box, right where I put it. Safe and sound, for nobody to take a peak in. Maybe a little peak wouldn't hurt? Just to get the gist of what Granny was hiding. Maybe I got it all wrong, what if Granny wanted someone to find it after she passed. It would make sense because she didn't just burn it and keep the ideas in her head. It was then, I knew to pull it out.

"I better take this." I mumble under my breath and place it on my bed.

I got ready and decided to pack more clothes, enough for all winter. If there was something I sure was going to do, it's talk to Goldie, try and get somewhere because I don't want to move out completely.

But it sure wasn't going to be today. Maybe tomorrow when the whole Goldie and Kai kissing is out of Jacks mind.