A Big And happy Family ( II )

It has been some weeks since prince Carlos and Christine got married. They were almost 23 years. And they were waiting for a baby. Everything was like a dream.

"My love, we have to talk about it." said Christine to her husband.
"About what?"
"About me.. And the baby.. These days a lot of women died during the childbirth. If anything will happen to me "
Carlos stopped her. He put his arms gently on her cheeks.
"Nothing will happen. I promise."
"Don't make promises you can't keep, Carlos."
"If this will make you feel better, we will go tomorrow to Nostradamus. I heard he spent his life in the woods in the last few years. We will find him."
"But.. He lived when my parents were young.. How old is he now?"
"I don't know. And I don't care if he can see our future and if this will make you believe that you and the baby are going to be fine."
"I hope you are right.."

Next day, Mary came in Christine and Carlos' s chambers.
"Christine, I saw a carriage outside. Are you going somewhere?"
"Me and Carlos are going in the woods to find Nostradamus."
"Why?"
"Because.. I am afraid, mother. What if I will die during the childbirth? What is going to happen? I want to know. I want to be prepared."
"Sweet child, not even Nostradamus can say what is going to happen. He was wrong about Francisc. I don't want you to loose your hope.. You won't go!"
"Mother, I am 23. I am married. I will have a child soon. You can't tell me what to do or not to do anymore. I have my own life. Please understand."
"Fine.. But please be careful!"
"I will."
Mary kissed her daughter's forehead and left the room.

***
Christine and Carlos were in the carriage. In the morning, the day seemed warm, but it started to get colder and colder.
"My love, take this." said Carlos giving his wife a blanket.
"Thank you.."
"Is something wrong?"
"What if this trip was a mistake? What if Nostradanus will say I am going to die? What is going to happen to our baby?"
She started crying.
"You, me and the baby will be just fine. Trust me."

They arrived at an old cottage. It seemed like no one was inside, but suddenly, a voice came from there.
"Come inside. It must be pretty cold out there and it isn't good for the baby."
Carlos and Christine looked at each other confused, but entered the house. An old mad was sitting on the only chair in the room. He got up and smiled.
"Your Majesty! Please, sit down Christine dear. Oh, you look so much like your mother. And your father, of course."
"Do you remember them?"
"Well of course! Maybe I have an old body, but my mind and heart will never be old enough to forget the time I spent ar French court. Oh, good days, good days.. But we aren't here to talk about me, I am right?"
"Yes, we are here to - "
"I know why you are here. You want me to tell you about your future."
"Yes" said Carlos and Christine at the same time.
"Let's start then."

***
After some hours of taking, drinking strange juices and just staying in silence, Nostradamus said :
"Well, my dear child, are you prepared?"
"I am not. But we are."
She looked at Carlos. He smiled.
"Well then.. You will have twins, a boy and a girl."
"Thank you, Nostra-  "
"I didn't finish. Do you want to hear everything?"
"I do."
"One of the babies will die during the childbirth. I don't know which. And here it is another problem. If the girl dies, you and the boy will live. But if the boy dies.. Well.. Then you will die too.. I am sorry.."
Christine got out from the cottage. Carlos went after her.
" Are you alright, my love? "
" I just needed air...My mother was right.. What I am supposed to do now? To wish that my baby girl to die? This is what I am supposed to do?"
" It won't happen anything, you'll see."
Christine didn't say goodbye to Nostradamus. She got into the carriage and Carlos after her."
"To the castle!" said Christine.

***
After some months, Christine was ready to born her children. She was in a room just with Mary and some ladies.
"I can't! I can't!"
"Yes, you can my little girl! You are strong! Here, take my hand."
Mary hold her the whole time.

After 4 hard hours, Christine was holding in her arms a healthy boy and a healthy girl. They were all fine. Including Christine.
Everyone agreed to never go to Nostradamus again. And they didn't.

That's how their story just began. They became a big and happy family.