Never To Old For Love

Everyone was preparing for the ball. It was supposed to celebrate Catherine's birthday. Her 18th birthday. Henry was nervous. Everyone told him that he will have to dance with her. He could dance and talk with any girl and he wouldn't have a problem. But with Catherine was different. She was different.
But for Catherine wasn't an easy life either. She was supposed to be perfect. The perfect daughter, the perfect queen to be, the perfect girl.

The day came. Catherine put her black dress on and her favourite ring. She looked in the mirror and blushed. Then, she started crying.
Knok-knok.
She stopped her tears and faked a smile.
"Come in."
"Catherine, I came to - "
It was Henry. He looked at Catherine and smiled. Then, he got closer.
"You are so beautiful! If you could see what I see!"
"I am happy with my view too.. Nobody made me smile for a long time. Thank you."
"You're welcome. Now, shall we go to the ball? It's your birthday, after all."
Henry took gently Catherine's hands in his.
"I don't think I am ready.."
"I was thinking you would say that. Please, come with me for a walk."
"Where?"
"Just trust me."
"I do"

Henry took Catherine in the garden. It was autumn, so the trees started to color their leaves.
"Why were you crying, Catherine?"
"I.. Maybe I am not good enough for you.. Maybe you won't love me."
"I already love you, Catherine.. I was afraid YOU wouldn't love me."
"I love you too."
They looked at each other and smiled.
"I will be by your side forever. I will love you forever. Even when we will have our own children. Even when we will be old."
"Thank you."

They went to the castle and to the ball. They had a great time and soon they got married.

***
After years and years and years.. After 3 children.. After many other balls.. They were still in love with each other, besides they weren't showing it often.

Catherine was getting ready for her 64th birthday. She was ready to wear an usual dress, when she saw that dress. The black dress. She started crying. Also, she started to remember all those good times with Henry. Catherine took the dress and put it on herself. She could still feel Henry's hands. Her young butterflies showed up in her belly. It was just like when she was 17. With tears in her eyes, she left the room and went to the ball.

When Catherine entered in the ball room, Henry went  straigh to her and took her hand. They danced so wonderful. Everyone admired them.
"Oh, I am feeling young again, Henry.."
"Me too, my love."
They kissed like nobody was watching them. They were so in love. And they never stopped being in love with each other.
Never