CHAPTER 3:

Rebecca

I drop the binoculars which make a loud thud as they hit the hollow roof of the storage unit, but it doesn't faze me.

I continue to lay on the cold unit, but now shockridden as the men continue to argue and yell at each other.

"I will send all the details of the arrangement to your uncle while the night is still young," my father announced to Killian. "But no matter what, my daughter will not know any details of the agreement until I want her to. I will make a list of all the things that you are forbidden to reveal to her which will be sent to your uncle tonight as well," he continues as Killian stands from the ground.

"How the fuck is she going to agree marry me, if I don't say anything about the damn agreement?" He challenges.

"Killian stand down," Dimitri grabs Killian's arm but he just shakes it off and continues.

"No this shit is crazy! Why don't you just tell her that you're setting up an arranged marriage to take out The Lions? Keeping this from her is not going to end well," Killian argues, causing others to agree and argue with him.

"I hate to agree with the prick, but Dante, do you really want Rebecca to marry him? And if she finds out, do you really think she'll forgive you for this?" Vincent reasons as he walks to my father and places a hand on his shoulder.

My father turns around and pushes it off.

"I'd rather her marry this prick than let The Lions have her," my father grunts.

"We don't need these Russians to take out The Lions—do you really want to give your daughter away to this little shit because you don't want to face your past?" Vincent consults, but my father shakes his head.

"It's the only way. No one can know of the past Vincent," he whispers to Vincent.

"Like hell this is the only way," Xander steps in angrily. "That's my sister Dad! This is Rebecca we're talking about and this prick can't marry her."

"I had the leader and I let him slip away Xander. It was my greatest mistake and I'm not letting that happen again," my father spoke sternly but quietly. "That's why I'm doing this Xander, now stand down!" My father fumed, smoke nearly coming out of his ears.

"Dante, we need to wrap this up. I have other places to attend tonight," Dimitri spoke sharply as he buttoned the middle button of his jacket.

"Of course Dimitri—"

"No! This isn't happening!" Xander yelled suddenly.

"Oh fuck, I swear if your daughter is anything like your son then I'm putting a bullet between her eyes to save myself from a migraine," Killian argues as he walked right up to my father with superb confidence.

It's almost like Killian realized that challenging my father was a big mistake because he took a few steps back.

"You're going to die," Vincent scoffed as my father stiffened.

My father took his calm hands, now murderous, away from his sides and then proceeded to grab Killian by his black collar to shove him hard against the closest storage unit.

He pressed Killian's back against the unit and then lifted him a few feet off of the ground so his legs were dangling in the air which made me whimper at the gruesome scene unfolding in front of us.

My father moved his hands from Killian's collar to his neck, and took one hand off without Killian budging an inch, to reveal his strength and dominance over the situation.