CHAPTER 7:

Rebecca

I have had enough of this prick, and I am completely over this damn night.

Fuck getting dessert and him, but mostly him.

I quickly pick up my glass of wine and down it before taking the large napkin that once held my silverware together to wipe my mouth. I set the glass down first, the napkin following, and stood from the chair, Killian standing along with me; immediate and vigorous.

"Where do you think you are going Princess?" Killian asks as he races over to my side of the table.

He grabs my arm as I try to shake him off despite his rigid grasp and aggressive strength.

He squeezes his hand tensely against my arm, and I let out a small whimper from the pain it causes.

My lips begin to tremble and my eyebrows press together and I look up at his angered expression.

At first, his brows were furrowed down and his lips were formed into a line, but when he saw the pain he inflicted on me, his expression softened and he loosened his grip right away—his expression now blank.

I shake off his hand and back away from him slightly to create some distance.

"This meeting is not over," he stares at me intently with dark eyes, sparkling with no emotion other than anger.

"Your hour is now up and it's time for me to leave," I explain too loudly as I start to walk away from the table.

I nearly reach the doors of the entrance when he mutters something unintelligible. I turn around only to continue to walk but backwards and ask, "what was that?"

"Oh nothing. I was just imagining aloud what you are going to tell Dante when he asks you what happened tonight," Killian snickers. "I would pay big money to see the look on his face when he learns what you know."

I stopped walking and squeezed my eyes shut because I knew he was right. I could take my chances with my father, but the truth would be closer to getting out.

Killian stares at me intently with sparkling eyes now.

He knew I was having an internal conflict, and when he smiled, he knew that he got into my head.

"I know that look. It's the same look you made when you saw me in Ocean City and outside the cafe."

I internally gasped as he said that.

So it wasn't a dream.

He was following me!

"Did my father put you up to that?" I asked as I took one step back to him, then another, and another until I growled under my breath and drug my feet back to the table.

"No, I just happened to be in Ocean City at the same time," he said as he smiled. "I'm glad you've seen the big picture," he waits for me to reluctantly sit and then beckons the waiter before sitting himself.

"So if you're here, then who's running hell?" I mutter under my breath.

"I thought we were ruling it together Princess," he responds playfully.