Prologue

'Character is thinking'

"Character is talking"

"Icarus, god, or goddess is talking"

'Icarus, god, or goddess is thinking'

"All Might, can I be a hero?" Izuku asked, a desperate look on his face. After years of being called useless, and being bullied for not having a quirk, Izuku needed this. If the #1 hero told him he could become a hero without a quirk, then surely other opinions wouldn't matter, right?

"No, you can't. You should give up on being a hero, maybe you can be a police officer. They all help in their own ways." All Might stated. He could tell that this meant a lot to this kid, but he didn't want him getting hurt or worse... killed.

Izuku stared blankly at the ground. To be honest, All Might was a little shaken by this, he expected tears or maybe for him to get angry, but to just get an emotionless reaction was weird. All Might reached over and put his hand on Izuku's shoulder. 

No response.

"Young lad?" All Might asked worryingly.

"It was nice to meet you All Might, thank you for answering my question," Izuku said emotionlessly. Izuku turned and began his walk back home leaving All Might looking at his back with shame.

"I'm sorry kid, it's what's best..." All Might said solemnly before he jumped off with the slug villain in the jar.

When Izuku made it home, he looked at the fridge to see a note left by his mom. What it said was that she would be out of town for a month or so, but she left him money.

'Good,' Izuku thought. 'She won't have to see me break down...'

With that Izuku collapsed to his knees, tears spilling out his eyes. His fist were clenched so hard, his nails pierced his hands. 

"Damn it, damn it, DAMN IT!" Izuku roared, knocking over his All Might figurines off the shelf. "IT'S USELESS, I CAN'T DO IT, I'M WEAK, I'M A QUIRKLESS BASTARD!" 

As Izuku said this he ripped apart his room. His All Might posters, the All Might sheets, everything that had his face on it. After half an hour of rage and sadness, Izuku laid there, empty. His thought process wasn't dangerous or suicidal, but of deep thought. 

'I need fresh air' Izuku thought.

Izuku threw on a long sleeve black shirt and some grey sweatpants before he locked his apartment door and left into the night.

Izuku later found himself deep into the woods sitting by a large Oak tree.

'What am I going to do... Being a hero was my only goal, why couldn't I get a quirk, I'd even take a weak one.'

As Izuku sat thinking and taking in the woods sights, he suddenly heard a large and thundering roar.

'Damn, that sounded like a big animal, but also... Like it was hurt. Damn, I might regret this'. 

With that Izuku hopped up and ran to the noise. When he arrived, he saw a cave that was pitch black, it smelled of blood, and he could hear heavy breathing. Gathering his courage, Izuku stepped into the cave turning on the flashlight on his phone.

"Hello?" Izuku called out, his voice shaking. As he walked further into the cave he suddenly crashed into something... Large! 

What Izuku saw was both breathtaking and terrifying. In front of him was an enormous, beautiful white dragon. With its colossal wings, it elegantly covered its body. Its eyes were an enchanting cerulean blue.