chapter 9

"y/n, you and I.. well.. we're soulmates.."

she couldn't believe it, "no.. no we're not.. I" she shook her head and ripped up her sleeve and saw that her time was finally at zero seconds with a green line underneath "no" y/n stood up and pick up her bag, leaving

"y/n-" Peter trued

"NO! look I.. I told you how much I wanted to meet my soulmate through our dms! I.. I wanted you so bad. why did you keep this from me? how long have you known?!" he looked down and she could feel his sadness, not sure if it was our soulmate bond or just the general feel in the room. "how long Peter Parker?!"

"4 weeks" y/n scoffed then made her way to the door

"y/n come on.." Ned pleaded

"did you know?" Ned nodded slowly "I can't believe you!" she cried as tears rolled down her cheeks. "how long did you know Ned, how long did my best friend know about my soulmate, who I've longed for, for so long, whos known in the first place that's why I've been stuck at 5 seconds?"

"3 weeks." she shut her eyes and wanted to leave.. but she couldn't.

"please hear me out..I just..I couldn't hurt you" she bit her lip, trying to channel in her anger

"couldn't hurt me?! Peter Parker you just shattered my heart"

"I..I thought it was for the best.. what if.. we couldn't. what if I lose you or.. you lose me, y/n I'm Spider-Man! I could put your life in danger!"

"I don't care Peter! I was made for loving you ! so if you're in danger. then so am I! we're supposed to be together! we're supposed to make those decisions together!"

"y/n-" Peter reached out for her hand, and oh how desperately, she wanted to take it. she wanted to hug him and never let him go, but instead she ripped her arm away from his reach,

"don't touch me"

he flinched away "I'm so sorry-"

"I listened to you. now it's my turn to talk"

"we both know people who've lost their soulmates. people close to us, your aunt May.. And Macy. but Macy said that it's much better to have known your soulmate and spent time with them before you lose one another. but Peter you didn't even give us that chance! you.. you took that away from both of us. we never know when we could lose each other, especially because you're Spider-Man."

"y/n--"

"no. I'm going" she glanced over to Ned then Peter and left.

y/n sighed opening the door to her house "hey y/n.. you're home early" her mother said, peeking her head out from the kitchen "yeah.." the daughter replied, sitting down on the counter. her mother looked at her then turned off the sink "okay. what's up?" y/n sighed again "I..met my soulmate"

"that's great!"

"i dunno." her mum tilted her head slightly "what do you mean, you 'dunno'? you've wanted to meet him for so long"

"i know mum. it's just.. he's Ned's best friend"

"even better!"

"but they both knew. they knew for a few weeks now and kept it from me" she sighed then hugged her daughter

"you'll give in soon."

y/n pulled back "what?" she chuckled "he's your soulmate honey, you can't stay away from him forever. and Neds been with you through the whole.. accident, the 3 of you need each other."

her mother was right, as much as y/n didn't want to admit it. she was right "but not tonight"