S e v e n

"I'm literally about to throw up

"I'm literally about to throw up." I say squeezing my eyes shut as Wyatt pulls me into the elevator.

"You're that nervous?" I nod and lean on the wall. "Well, just know that i have no clue what to show to the Sponsors either."

The elevator moves downwards, i open my eyes just as it stops, we exit and walk towards where the other Tributes were standing. Chairs were lined up against the wall with your district number above them, Wyatt and me found ours and sat down. I look to my left and see Clove watching me, she looked mad; which i have no clue why since i haven't done anything to her.

Marvel exits the room and sits down next to Glimmer, Clove then stands up and enters. My eyes catch Cato's which reminds me; i turn to my district partner. "Cato asked me if we would join the Careers."

He furrows his eyebrows, then looks to the blond. "Cato? Asked you?"

"Yes, i think it would be a good idea for a little bit."

"Okay I'm in." I Look to the blue eyed boy, shooting him a smile.

<>

Finally after 20 minutes of waiting it was my turn, at this point i just want to get it over with. I stand up then walk to the door, someone grabs my hand and i turn around. Cato had my hand, he flashed me a smile and muttered. "Good luck." He lets go, my hand feels cold as i walk into the room.

I look up at the Game makers and Sponsors, Plutarch starts to speak.

"You have 10 minutes to show your skills." I nod and head over to the painting station, i do a simple tree on my arm. It takes me only a minute, i look up at the Sponsors as noise fills the room.

They were ordering food; not paying attention to me. My body filled with anger, this was my only chance to show them my skills so i could get Sponsors! A large painting of Snow sat on the wall by the Game makers and i knew what i had to do.

I grabbed a spear off the wall and got ready, i knew i could do this. It was going to inquire a lot of strength, but i believe i can do it. I lift the spear and prepare to throw it, i launch it at the painting. It flies through the air and lands right on the face of Snow, gasps fill the room.

My body trembles but i manage to smile, wave and storm out of the room not dismissed.

I try not to let my emotions take over me as i sit back next to Wyatt, i stare blankly at the wall. He stands up since it was his turn leaving me to my thoughts.

<>

"So, what skill did you show in private training?" Wyatt asked as we ate dinner, i looked up.

"Spear throwing." Images of earlier flashed across my mind, i sipped my tea.

"And you?" I asked.

"Just some knife throwing and archery skills." He says shrugging.

"Do you think it went well?"

"I guess. Did you think it went well?" He mimicked my tone making me stick my tongue out at him.

"I think I'll be getting a three or below, i did something i probably shouldn't have."

<>