S i x t e e n

"You're not going!" Cato says shaking his head, i frown

"I promise I'll be safe." He grabs my face and looks into my eyes.

"I can't do this without you, you're not going." My heart flutters as he kisses me, God his lips were soft.

He pulls away and hugs me, after that we went to sleep.

But i didn't sleep, i kept my eyes open the whole night. Once the sun started to rise i snuck away, i took one last look at Cato. His mouth was slightly open and his hands were tucked up by his face. He looked so peaceful, if he knew what i was doing he wouldn't be peaceful.

I picked up a knife and pack of water, then started to run towards the Cornucopia.

The sun started to rise as i got closer to the middle of the Arena, soon enough the Cornucopia was right in front of me. I hid behind a tree as i waited. Once the sun was up, the ground opened up and a table was raised from below. My eyes landed on my bag, no one ran out from the tree line so i figured i should go.

I ran towards the bag with District 3 on it, i ripped it from its place and pondered if i should grab Cato's too. My hand reached for the bag when i was tackled.

All the air in my lungs disappeared, my head hit the ground hard causing my vision to go fuzzy. As soon as my vision cleared i was met with the face of Clove, my eyes went wide.

"Its ironic how you thought you could get your bag and get back without anyone knowing you're gone, I'm not dumb, i knew you would go even without Cato's consent." She pushed the hair out of my face.

"So how would you like to die? I could carve out those perfect lips of yours, maybe slit your throat. Or i could strangle you? Your choice." I wiggled under her grip but she was too strong, she has had training i haven't.

I spat in her face, she lit up with anger as she wiped her face.

"Well why don't i do both?" She raised her knife to my lip and started to cut.

"You see, ever Career training with Cato I've been in love with him. I tried to throw simple hints out but hes oblivious to them, when i was reaped and Cato volunteered and knew we could never be together. But as soon as i heard there could be two victors i knew i had to kill you, i still don't get what Cato sees in you? You're a poor girl with scars on her arms, you don't deserve to win. I worked for this you didn't. Now, don't scream too loud." She smirked and pushed the knife to my skin.

"Cato!" I screamed, i wasn't going out without a fight.

I toss my head to the side but Clove grabbed my chin, she continued to cut.

"Becca!?" It was Cato, a smirk replaces the scared look on my face. Blood gushes into my mouth making me gag.

"Shut up! For that i think I'll cut your wrists so you can bleed out." She starts to move to my wrist when shes pushed off me, suddenly i could breathe better again.

"Becca, are you okay?" He holds the thrashing Clove down and looks to me.

Blood dripped from above my lip down to my neck, the stinging pain was just perfect. I nod, he turns to the brunette below him raising his sword.

"You know Clove, i always thought of you as a little sister. I always wanted to protect you, but here you are about to die. Its really low you'd betray me like this, I'm sorry." He pushes the knife into her gut, she stays still as a look of shock washes over her face.

Cato pulls out the sword and stands up, Cloves hands reach for her stomach, blood gushed out. Her eyes lock with mine before she closes them for the very last time.

Her cannon went off, she was dead. And somehow I'm still alive.

<>

An~

Hey everyone, sorry for the short chapter, I've been wanting to get this out for a few days but haven't had time. This book is almost over and it still only has sixteen chapters, so that's why its so short. Anyway i hope you all have a great rest of the day, byeeee!