Life Support

Her treatments serve well for herself only.

Nocturnal Maiden

Christine teleports just outside the Chang Gung due to interference and she examines the hospital overall. It is giant, full of patients that could be turned into mavericks, and full of tools and chemicals that not even Christine knows of.

"Now if I could only find out where Nocturnal Maiden would be..." Christine says to herself, but she doesn't even get to move any close as patient reploids spot Christine and she slashes the multitude of them to pieces.

"I've finished the Black Phantom battle data and I'm uploading it to you right now." Sara says. "Man this makes my job so much easier!"

"Sure does." Christine chuckles as she receives her new data. Her Z-saber's handle elongates to be as long as her, and the beam that makes up the Z-saber juts out from one of the sides, creating the likes of a laser scythe. "Now this could come in handy. What's Gabriella got?"

"She can fire a shot that passes through just about anything because I took Black Phantom's phase abilities and put them into Gabriella's buster. Think of it like a sniper rifle shot, minus interference. Will go straight through her enemies without a sweat." Sara explains. With that settled, Christine spots nurse reploids and they charge, only for Christine to throw her scythe like a boomerang! It slices straight through the nurse reploids before returning to Christine. For now she turns it back into the regular Z-saber as she looks at the doors barring her from entering the hospital. They're made of some strange metal and no matter how many times Christine slashes it, she can't get through.

"They may be laser resistant, but they aren't heat resistant..." Christine chuckles, igniting her Z-saber. One firey slash is all it takes to destroy the doors but behind them beholds a reploid that Christine looks away from for a few seconds. "Oh god... What did they do to them?!" The reploid in question can't even be called a reploid as it is essentially many fused into one. A mess of legs propel the monstrosity around and the many arms swing at Christine, hoping to land a hit on her. It doesn't help that the many heads attached to the reploid are their own separate being and they all focus their eyes on Christine. "I must do something before I throw up..." And with that, Christine drives her Z-saber into the ground! Thanks to it's many legs the amalgaroid is completely unfazed by the attack and charges at Christine! Hundreds of thousands of punches hit Christine, but they are weak, and they do not faze Christine that much. "Huh, looks like the bigger they are the harder they fall!" Christine shouts as she splits her Z-saber into twin blades and charges at the reploid monstrosity. Unfortunately that proves futile as the monster grabs Christine with it's many hands and slams her on the ground. Christine barely avoids getting trampled and backs up to reformat her plan.

"I don't know what the hell that is but I hope to never see it again!" Sara shouts over the intercom.

"Well you won't have to!" Christine shouts back as she turns the Z-saber into a scythe and hacks off all the heads with one good throw. The scythe returns to Christine and she turns it back into the Z-saber as the amalgaroid explodes into a pile of body parts. Some of these hit Christine and she can bear the sight no longer as she rushes into a nearby bathroom and pukes her insides out. "Ugh... Note to self... Don't eat before a mission..." Christine whimpers. Luckily the trip to the top of the hospital proves less than gross as the most Christine encounters are nurse reploids and various doctor reploids, most of which have been dealt with without breaking a sweat. The real trouble begins when Christine does reach the top and comes to a hallway that is eerily quiet. Suddenly, a reploid slowly walks into view, having emerged out of nowhere. She has long, wavy blonde hair, wears lots of white and blue, and sports a long white coat not unlike the lab coats scientists wear that falls to her knees. "So you're Nocturnal Maiden." Christine says.

"Yes, that's me." Nocturnal Maiden replies.

"What have you been doing in this hospital? I had a feeling you were trying to cut off medical support so humans wouldn't be able to fight back." Christine says.

"You got part of that right." Nocturnal Maiden replies. "I'm also creating mavericks for my master."

"Master? Who?" Christine asks. "Who is your master?!"

"Shut up and fight already! I noticed that you are part reploid, part human, so have just the concoction I need. All I need to do is extract it." Nocturnal Maiden replies, whipping out a giant needle.

"Oh no you are not taking MY blood!" Christine shouts.

"Too late!" Nocturnal Maiden shouts back. The maverick doctor tries to stab Christine, but as soon as the needle hits the ground, it breaks, rendering it useless. Nocturnal Maiden and Christine stare at each other awkwardly. "Okay..."

"Now what..." Christine asks awkwardly. The two snap out of it before charging at each other. Christine slashes at Nocturnal Maiden but every time she swings, the coat that the maverick doctor wears blocks every one. That's when Christine accidentally ignites her blade and slashes the doctor, causing the coat to catch fire!

"OHGODOHGODOHGODOHGOD I'M ON FIRE!!! AAAHHH!!!" Nocturnal Maiden screams as she discards the coat and charges at Christine once more. This time she grabs the hunter's leg and bites!

"OW! WHAT THE HELL?!" Christine shouts as she feels fangs pierce her leg. Nocturnal Maiden quickly lets go and she feels revitalized.

"Ah! Absolutely refreshing!" The maverick doctor shouts as she reproduces her coat and kicks Christine in the face. The hunter regains her balance and slashes at the doctor once more, but the coat once again blocks all of her strikes.

"I gotta do something about that coat..." Christine mumbles to herself as she ignites her blade once more. Nocturnal Maiden looks forth with fear in her eyes. "What's wrong? Afraid you'll get burned?"

"Get that away from me!" Nocturnal Maiden shouts, but it falls upon deaf ears as Christine first slashes at the coat, burning it away and leaving the maverick doctor vulnerable. Despite her best efforts, Nocturnal Maiden takes a fiery blade to the heart and Christine draws her blade back.

"Gotcha!" Christine shouts, but Nocturnal Maiden bears a smile on her face.

"It's... Far... From... Over..." Nocturnal Maiden says before explosions engulf her body. Once Christine recovers from the resulting blinding flash, Christine feels the ground shake under her feet...

"What's going on?!" Sara shouts over the intercom.

"Fucking doctor rigged the whole hospital to explode! I'm getting out of there!" Christine shouts back as she bolts. Christine sees an opportunity to escape the whole mess and jumps out a window!

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Sara practically screams as Christine clings onto the wall. Seeing the roof of another building, Christine formats a plan and suddenly the whole hospital collapses on itself! Thinking quick, Christine leaps and successfully lands on the roof without too much of a problem before teleporting back to base.