Chapter 20

Jared tried everything he can but finding Gina is just so impossible now. I didn't even get to protect her. I'm such a useless friend. I don't deserve to be called her friend.

"Please, Ash. It's been eight months now! She's just gone! For good!" Jared yelled at my crying face.

"Why didn't you defend her then?"

"I didn't know what was happening back then. I was caught off guard by Tyler's words. Of course, I wouldn't let anyone hurt you!"

I just cried. I know talking to these jerks won't make sense.  Even Jcee can't find her. I can't believe what happened to her. She didn't deserve that. She doesn't deserve any of it!

I walked out Jared's office and made my way out the building. I took a cab and didn't mind Jared's voice, trying to stop me.

But of course he raced with the cab, blocking it. He pulled me off and let me in his car. I guess he's mad now. I am too. I just sat in his car but then remembered something.

The smell of his car is the exact smell of Nathan's car before. Wait. Did I just??? Great. Now I'm riding his race car.

And because he's mad, he drove as fast as he could. I can heard the horns and see flashes of cars. That's when I saw a Dodge Challenger flipped over. I could see the man turn to me with his whole face bleeding and smiled at me before the fire ate his whole car.

Next thing I know, I was gasping for air. I almost choked at my own breaths. Jared stopped the car. I quickly opened the door and escaped.

I chased my breathe and cried. The pain crushed my soul. Like it happened all over again. A twist of a bad dream. I fell to the ground and cried. Still, looking at the man. Trying to reach his hand.

"Ashley! What's happening?!" I realized Jared's presence. My sweat was cold and my hands are pale.

"Nathan..." Was all I said.

"Who?"

"Nate..."

"Shit! Wait here." Again, I saw the man smiled before getting covered by fire. Everything went blank after that.

I woke in a white place which I assume is my bedroom but I was wrong. Hospital, actually.

I hate the smell of it. I feel so sick.

The doctor just gave me some meds before letting me go home. Surely, I am not sick. I just hated to go over it again and my body reacted stupidly.

I sobbed, still crying while on our way home. Jared used his guard's car now.

"What happened to you?" He asked. But he's very much hesitant. I can clearly see that in his eyes.

I looked away. "I don't know. I'm just emotionally stressed. After what your friend did to Gina."

He changed route but I didn't mind. As long as he's with me. I just looked at the window. Blank thoughts.

He pulled over to a spot where we can see the whole town. It was so damn peaceful.

He opened my door but I just stepped my feet on the ground, still sitting in the passenger's seat. He leaned in a big rock just infront of me with his hands on his pocket.

"Seriously. You have to trust me." He said.

I looked at the sky and saw the moon. There are no stars tonight. Why? It didn't rain the whole day. It was sunny.

I sighed. I guess I have to let this go. "Remember my theory about the stars? It was just like this when I heard that. No stars, just the moon shining so bright."