Chapter 3

Gabbie and Jonah made their way to the ball fields. When they got there, they both went their separate ways to their locker rooms. The softball team got ready for practice and stepped out onto the field. They stretched and began to warm up their arms.
"Alright, girls, listen up! We've got a game on Sunday against the number one school in the league. We've really gotta focus today. Everyone, take their positions: Tatum, warm up pitching with Hailee, Sydnie's at first, Ashley's playing second, Anna's going to short, Gabbie's at third, Reese is going to right field, Ava's at left, and Esther's at centerfield," said Coach. They ran out onto the field and got in position, while Tatum warmed up pitching in the bullpen. Coach began to hit balls to the girls for a while, until she gave them a water break. They were sitting in the dugout until they heard footsteps walking towards them. Everyone looked to the entrance of the dugout and saw Tyler, Charlie, and Shawn standing there.
"Hello there," said Tyler.
"How's practice going? Is it too hard?" Shawn laughed.
"What do you all want?" Tatum said, annoyed.
"To challenge you to a game," Charlie said. "A softball game, of course. Baseball would be too hard for you."
"What makes you think that?" Sydnie asked.
"It just wouldn't be fair, we'd beat the crap out of you!" Tyler retorted.
"What are we playing for?" Tatum questioned.
"Bragging rights and to prove to everyone that girls can't, and shouldn't, play sports. Duh. So, anyways, tomorrow night at 5. On your field," Tyler said.
Everyone looked at Gabbie, since she was team captain. She then looked at her coach, who nodded her head in approval.
"You're on."