👓 Chapter 27- Creepy Travis

This chapter is dedicated to Luvcheekah
.............

After school that day, she had practice. Miss Jake complained about her absence in practice the past few weeks.

She walked down to her locker, She felt better now she had contact lens on. She'd see better. The other times everything was blur under water. And what kept her going was what she felt, the water around her body which she glided through.

"Hey, bitch" Someone called.

She turned to the familiar figure.. Andrea. She didn't have any classes with her and honestly, it had been a long time since she was this close to her.

"Quite fancy you don't have your glasses anymore" she mocked, obtaining a frown from Wren.

"What? You wanna beat me? Y... "

"Okay, okay girls. I'm sorry for being late. Now let's get into the business of the day! " It was Miss Jake. Hopefully she just saved her from angry Andrea's scowl.

Wren didn't understand what was Andrea's problem. She just guess she liked being a bitch. After all, her friend was as well.

The rest of the practice went well. Miss Jake commended her, told her she was getting better by the day and would as well represent them in an inter school competition. This of course into pass without earning a glare form Andrea. She didn't care in the least, although she was sure she was planning how to murder her and bury her six feet under.
She had really missed the feel of water against her skin.

"You did well, Wren" Rhonda, a girl in her team commended.

"Thank you, Rhonda" She smiled at her and changed from her swim suit.

"You may as well become our new captain. No one really likes Andrea" The girl continued but Wren just acknowledged her with a nod. This girl could be a gossip for all she cared. She was reasonable enough to steer clear gossips. The girl looks disappointed when Wren says nothing and walks away. Immediately, Wren felt a tinge of guilt.

You never know who is who, anyways.

She consoled herself and left the poolside fully dressed.

***

"Nathan, is everything alright? " Wren called over the phone. "You've been acting strangely of recent. I'm really worried about you. Call me after you receive this message"

Wren had called him severally but it went down to voicemail. She felt depressed. She was outside her father's hospital room. He was still sleeping peacefully, his chest moving up. A machine next to him making beeping sounds. He was wearing oxygen and this stuff  from the little she understood was really costly. She knew her mother must be working so hard to pay for this. And she felt like helping her mom too but she never agreed.

Having another part time job was only going to distract her from school and that was the last thing her mother wanted for her.

Although Wren was still angry with her mom for lying to her and her brother, she knew she had to put everything behind her. And learn to treasure every moment with her dad.

She sat next to him, cried for awhile and then concluded that tears would not make anyone happy.

She went ahead to read him books. The ones he loved reading to her when she was younger. In her mind, their roles exchanged; he was the child now and she is watches over him as a parent.

She smiled and read. At a point, she would start crying again. She missed her father And she prayed nothing happened to him. She kept consoling herself that one day he would stand up from there and say that he was just pulling a stunt and everything was alright. True, she would be mad at him for making her go through series of tears but mostly she was going to be happy that he was back, fully on his feet once again.