2. He's What? You're What!?

Cody kept an eye on the emergency camera for a few more minutes before he and Frankie hurried down to the bunker to meet up with the bots as they brought Blades home. Chase and Boulder carefully carried Blades inside between them, lying him down on the floor. "What happened? Can you help him?" Cody asked. "Is it-"

Boulder cut him off with a hand and a slight smile. "Don't worry, Cody... Blades is our medic, but we've gotten our share of medical training too."

"I'm ffffine." Blades mumbled, trying to wave Boulder away but having his wrist caught by Boulder's hand instead.

"No, you're not." Salvage replied as he and Blurr came over. "Nobody who's fine collapses in the middle of a rescue after having a transformational seizure... Besides, you're burning up."

"Don't you mean cold...? I'm cold..."

"No, you feel cold." Graham informed. "We humans call it a fever. Your body's overheating, so the air feels colder than it would if you weren't overheating."

"But why am I overheating...?"

"I don't know. But we're going to figure it out."

Blades whined, tilting his head to the side and looking at the wall. "...So thirsty, too..."

He tried to roll over and reach for the energon cubes, but Boulder stopped him. "But-"

"We'll get you some energon in a minute." Boulder assured.

Blades sat up, his eyebrows furrowing. "Stop treating me like a protoform...!" He whined. "I'm not that much younger than you!"

"I know, Blades."

"I don't need you guys taking care of me!" Blades squirmed out of their grip and got up onto his feet. "I'm...perfectly-"

"No you're not." Boulder caught the helicopter-bot as he started to fall again. "Sit down on the couch."

He helped Blades sit down, the helicopter-bot leaning his head back against the wall.

"What do you remember, Blades?" Cody asked. "Before you fell outside at the fire scene."

"I...I was just watching the others...And then I felt kinda dizzy and my thoughts got all fuzzy... Next thing I know, I'm lying on the ground with my legs trying to morph into struts without me..."

"Uh huh." Boulder took the medical scanner Blurr had brought to him and ran it over Blades' body. "...You are low on energon..."

"See...?" Blades looked over at the humans. "Oh...Hey, Frankie..."

Frankie waved with an nervous giggle.

"Here..." Salvage handed Blades an energon cube, helping the copter-bot drink it after Blades spilled a little down his front. "...Just take it easy."

"This rusts...!" Blades whined as he paused in his energon consumption. "First Dani leaves me, and now...Now... What was I saying?"

"You were thinking about taking a stasis nap."

They all looked up as Heatwave rolled into the bunker, letting Kade and Chief out of the cab before transforming into bot mode.

Blades' eyes narrowed. "No...I don't think so."

"Well, it was worth a shot." Kade replied. "Any ideas on what's up?"

"Still working on it..." Boulder murmured. "...The scans are showing a buildup of partially-solidified energon in his subspacial compartment, it's like his body's rerouting most of his energon there and has been for a while."