Chapter Twenty-Three

It's Sunday afternoon and you got ready to see Jiwoo and Mae

It's Sunday afternoon and you got ready to see Jiwoo and Mae. Yesterday you couldn't do it since you had to fix everything in your room. You're starting school on Monday so you had to make sure everything was in order at home first.

Your father had offered to take you to the flower shop and to the columbarium where Mae and Jiwoo were at. You went downstairs and saw your father finishing his food.

"I'm ready." You yelled out.

"Okay y/n. Can you turn on the car? I'll be there in a bit."

"Okay."

You grabbed the keys from the table and walked out to turn on the car. When you did you happily got in the passenger's seat. A few minutes later your father walked out. He got in and drove you to the store. You bought a dozen white roses and a dozen red roses. You walked out of the store and got in the car.

"Why did you get different colored roses?" He curiously asked.

"Because Jiwoo loved the red roses and Mae loved the white roses."

"Oh Jiwoo my friend. He was a very kind hearted man with funny sense of humor and taste."

"He was father. That's what made Mae fall for him in the first place."

You guys finally got the the columbarium building and he walked you to their box.

"Here we are." He uttered.

"Great." You said eyeing the cones with withered flowers.

"Before I go I need to say a few words to them." He walked closer to their boxes. "Hey there my dear friends. I came back to see you guys. I want to let you both know that we officially moved back here to care for your kids the right way. Bless them from up there. Take care you two."

Your father backed away as a tear rolled down his cheek. "Y/n, I'll let you three talk now. I'll be in the car if you need me."

"I'll see you in a bit then."

"Sounds good."

He was still crying as he walked back to the car. When he was out of sight you replaced the old flowers with the new ones.

"I brought you guys your favorite roses and I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. I didn't know about the accident. I just found out about it this Friday. I really miss you guys. I guess destiny planned it this way so we could meet again."

You pulled your hair behind your ear showing off your earrings. "Look Mae, I'm still wearing the cute rose gold diamond earrings you gave me. And the answer is yes. I always knew you were the one buying me those presents."

"I kept wearing them only because you gave them to me. I'll cherish them even more because you guys aren't here anymore." Your tears broke through and your body trembled.