Debrief

I woke up early the next morning. I rubbed my eyes, got up, did some stretches and then changed into my clothes. Then folded up my futon and placed it on the side. I left the room quietly and found Sai sitting by the water, and it seemed that he was drawing? I didn't want to bother him, but I was curious. It seems he noticed me too since he turned to look at me.

"Are you drawing?" I asked smiling and he looked down to his hands and then back to me.

"Yes." he answered.

"May I see?" I asked.

"I don't mind." he said smiling.

"You don't have to keep smiling at me like that. I'll be honest, it's creepy." I said walking towards him and crouching next to him to see his canvas was colorful and very abstract.

"That looks cool." I said and sat down next to him. "Did you name it?" I asked.

"No." he replied.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I can't think of anything." he simply replied.

"Well, when you finish, can I see the final thing?" I asked.

"I don't mind." he said and I stood up and ruffled his hair like he was a dog.

"Try make friends with Naruto or Sakura. It's not bad to have friends." I said and left him alone to his drawing.

A little later in the day, we set off again. After we reached a certain point, Captain Yamato led us off the path and into a forest. I hopped over a log and looked at our surroundings. It was dark and creepy, but at least it wasn't muddy.

It was finally dark, and we stopped in a small clearing, surrounded by trees. Captain Yamato built a house out of his wood style jutsu. Naruto was the first to run in. I was the last to enter, and I closed the door behind us. I took off my shoes and walked up the stairs. We entered our room, and I picked a spot by the windows. I untied my headband, and put it in my bag, and joined the others in the debrief. Sakura was now telling Yamato about Sasori.

"(Y/n)-san" I turned to see it was Captain Yamamoto. Since we have an odd number, you're the only one left without a partner, is that okay with you?" he asked.

"I can handle myself." I smiled at him and he nodded and began talking about the plan.