Recovery And Debate

Bane opened his eyes, he was lying on his bed in his room in Hades' Palace. Did I oversleep? Bane thought before he remembered what had happened in Tartarus.

He went to get push the covers off so he could tell his father about what he learned, but a stabbing pain in his side forced him back down. Just then, Cerberus jumped onto the bed and started licking him all over.

It must have been his laughing and Cerberus' excited barking that alerted Hades because the King of the Underworld came running through the door. "My boy," he said as he wrapped his arms around his son, "I thought I lost you just when we became a family!".

The two of them both had tears in their eyes when Thanatos and Hecate came in to see what was happening. "I will tell the people that their Prince is alive and well," Thanatos said, bowing as he exited the room.

"And another thing my Lord," Hecate said, "The Olympian Council as heard of Prince Bane's...expedition into Tartarus and has requested an explanation".

Hades nodded as the Goddess of Magic left the two of them alone. When she was gone, Hades returned his attention to Bane.

"I need to know everything that happened," he said. So Bane explained what happened when he returned from Asphodel, with just appearing on the bridge and the feeling that told him to jump. He told his father of the Cyclops and what it said about his Master and the plan.

When he was done, Hades looked troubled. Cerberus must have sensed this because one of his heads nudged his master's hand while the other head the same to Bane. The middle head just kept on looking between the two of his masters, looking for any sign of a reaction.

"I must report this to the Olympian Council," Hades said after a moment of silence, looking at Bane, "But I fear that they may blame the trouble on you".

"Then I'll come with you," Bane said.

"I do not wish you to meet...that side of the family," Hades tried.

"But how can I explain it to them if I'm not there," Bane countered.

Hades looked like he was trying to think of a good argument, but nothing came out. Eventually, he accepted defeat and said that Bane could accompany him to Olympus.

Hope you are all ready for good old fashion 'Arrogant, I'm better than you, Top of the world' Zeus!