Chapter 2

Sophie's dreams were mixed with a beautiful pair of teal eyes, Fitz's eyes. She liked Fitz but......but Keefe was perfect for her. Then, as if the teal was never there, she was staring into the most beautiful pair of ice blue eyes. Filled with sadness because of the sorrow that they had had to endure but also filled with happiness, from, she realized, her. Her eyes fluttered open, to a stark white ceiling. "Oh good you're up." Sophie heard a familiar voice say. She sat up. "Elwin?" She asked confused. "Yep, you fainted. Keefe wouldn't tell me what happened. After you blacked out, he couldn't find Grady or Edaline so here you are." Then everything came flooding back. Keefe had........ he had......he said he loved her. He had to be kidding. That was the only viable explanation. He was kidding. It made sense I mean, he couldn't like her.......could he?

Elwin was quick to distract her from her thoughts though. "Now time for you take some elixirs." And he shoved a huge tray full of colorful bottles into her lap. She groaned. Then Fitz walked in and Sophie nearly flipped the tray into her lap.

"Hey Sophie!" He said with a big grin on his face, so obviously he hadn't heard.

"Why're you here?" He asked suddenly concerned.

"Nothing." Sophie said, a little too quickly.

"Okay...." Fitz replied skeptically.

"Anyways, what're you doing here?" She said desperate for a subject change.

"I just cut my hand in elementalism, I was bottling a tornado, or at least attempting to."

Sophie nervously laughed.

Fitz gave her a look. Elwin then appears from his lab and sees Fitz and said "Hey Fitz, What can I do for you?"

"I cut my hand in elementalism." Fitz replied.

"I know just thing, I'll be right back." Elwin said as he walked of the room.

Then Keefe walked in and said accusingly "Hey, are you guys partying without me?" Sophie immediately felt her face go red, Keefe smirked at that. "Hey Soph-er-Foster I need to talk to you..." Keefe then nervously glanced at Fitz and said "alone." "Sure Keefe." Sophie said as Fitz gave her a look that told her, 'YOU WILL TELL ME EVERYTHING'. Sophie just shrugged and pretended not to know what he was trying to communicate to her.

She walked out of the healing center with Keefe and somehow they ended up in the spot where they first met; Keefe's ditching spot.

"Umm.....soo... About last night...." He started.

"I know," Sophie began, trying to fight down a wave of sadness as she said; "You were joking..." Sophie sighed and began to walk away.

"Wait, Fost-Sophie.......I.....I.......I wasn't joking..." He said nervously.

Sophie stopped in her tracks, but didn't turn around.

"I do...I do, y'know.......like you..."

Sophie turned around.

Keefe slowly walked up to her, the way someone would approach a wounded animal.

"Keefe......I......."

All she could think was, This isn't right, she was with Fitz.

This couldn't be happening...

But, somehow...it was happening, and she had no idea what she thought about it.

Then Keefe closed the distance between them, the toes of their boots touching.

She thought he was going to kiss her, but instead he whispered something in her ear.

"I'm sorry..."

A/N: Gosh we are so evil! We're sorry....                                                                                                                        HA! No we're not. 

Love, C.B. 123