Chapter Nine: The Roots of a family

3rd POV:

Grimm Slayer: "You want to travel with me?" Grimm Slayer asked sitting on her bed as Thor stood in front of her.

Thor: "Yes, if it's alright with you, I'd like to hunt Grimm... with you." He said.

Grimm Slayer: "Why?" She asked.

Thor: "Well, since we're new to this Rea-I mean Remnant, I'm hoping traveling with you can help us learn to make a life here, plus I'm guessing slaying Grimm along the way will only make things better for Remnant, so what say you?" He asked her as she thought about it.

Grimm Slayer: "I don't know I'm not really a people person, I'm more of a lone wanderer, it's better that way." She said getting up and ready to leave, she suddenly heard a thump and turned around to see Thor on his hands and knees, as Valkyrie looked at him with shock.

Thor: "Please take us with you." He asked her as she was surprised.

Grimm Slayer: "I-I why!?"

Thor: "We have no one else to turn to, we're...alone." He said as she saw that a tear fell from his eye.

Grimm Slayer: "Okay fine." She sighed as he picked his head up happily.

Thor: "Thank you, I promise you won't regret it!" He said getting up happily.

Grimm Slayer: "Right...well imma go get some supplies, you two can go get something to eat." She said handing him four gold coins and then leaving.

Valkyrie: "My King, why did you do that?" She asked.

Thor: "I...I wish to travel with her, I don't know why or what it is about her but...I think I want to get to know her." He said genuinely, this surprised Valkyrie, one thing she knew about Thor was that he was a big flirt when it came to women, it was part of his personality back in Asgard, he was prideful, arrogant, and a show off, and obviously being one of the strongest warriors , if not thee strongest, had its perks, like a lot of women being attracted to him, Valkyrie remembered how many women she had to shoo away everyday while on duty, there was only two women in Asgard that ever caught his attention, Sif, his female best friend, and one other Valkyrie, he had gone on alot of dates, but not one ever made him tick, and yet...what is it about this armored lady, who's name and face no one knows, that's  gotten him to want to travel and even do one thing he's never liked to do, Beg, it bothered Valkyrie, she thought of Thor as family to her, after all he was the only one to ever believe in her and he even trained her a bit, as his personal guard and sister like friend, she just had to know, what made her so special?

Valkyrie: "My King-"

Thor: "Please Stop calling me that Val." He said surprising her.

Thor: "Asgard is no more, I am no one's king, so as your former mentor and friend, I only ask you call me Thor, from now on." He said.

Valkyrie: "R-right yes, I apologize it's just something I've grown accustomed to, so it's going to take sometime." She said.

Thor: "I understand, but just Thor is okay, we are still Asgardians, but the old ways are done, from now on we can do and be whatever it is we please, so no more formalities or titles, from here on out you Valkyrie are going to be my little sister, and I'll be your big brother." He said rubbing her head as she smiled at this as Grimm Slayer walked in.

Grimm Slayer: "Seriously? Come on guys let's go get something to eat before we go." She said as they went downstairs and ate something called "Roast boar" needless to say once the Asgardians had a bite, new foods came rolling in, Grimm Slayer was just staring at them in a bit of shock as they devoured food like a pack of wolves.