chapter 5

(y/n) pov:

recently some really weird ass stuff has been happening lately, sometimes i would touch stuff and it would freeze instantly, i have to wear gloves now in order to not freeze anything or anyone.

That's actually why I'm at the hospital right now talking to a doctor about it "it seems your body somehow developed a second quirk." I can't believe it, a second quirk all of a sudden just appears like that, that should be impossible, quirks are supposed to manifest at age 4 "How is that possible?" "Perhaps it's a certain event that triggered its manifestation, has anything in particular happened that could have activated it?" "No, not that I remember at least." "That's a shame, well, it doesn't appear to be a big problem, just learn to control it and you should be good."

(Few days later)

I've been training with my newly activated quirk a lot, I'm still trying to figure out how I could've even gotten a second quirk, perhaps it came from my mother's quirk as she had an ice type quirk, but I always thought I got the cold resistance from her, since my father's quirk was leopard. I guess I have both of my parents quirks then, great, I try to forget about the bastards and here they go, revealing another part of them inside of me, thanks mom.

Anyways, the sports festival is in a couple of days, can't wait to see what the other classes besides 1A and 1B have to offer

(Sports festival)

"I just wanna say....I'm gonna win." I sighed. Sure, I knew Bakugou was gonna say something like that but for fucks sake, he's making himself and his class a target this way

The first event just started, a 4 kilometer obstacle course around the stadium, so far Shouto's in the lead, Izuku isn't looking too good right now, I'm guessing he's trying to not use his quirk now because of the massive toll it takes on his body, let's hope he at least makes it to the next event

The race ended with Izuku surprisingly coming in first, Shouto second, Bakugou third and so on. I saw Izuku look at me and All Might, I smiled at him "Smart kid" I chuckled and looked over at Shouto, who was looking at us as well, I gave him a sympathetic smile as of saying 'you did great' he nodded and looked away.

As the cavalry battle is about to begin, I feel my phone vibrate, I look at who's calling me and see it's Tony Stark "fuck, I gotta take this, let me know how it goes okay?" I say at All Might as he nods at me.

When I'm in a more quiet place I pick up "Hey Tony, sorry you had to wait so long, we're kinda in the middle of a sports festival, anyways, why are you calling me?" "It's okay, but the reason I'm calling you is because I need to ask you something." I'm a bit confused, what could a genius want to ask me "okay then, what is it?" "You know the new hero kid I told you about?" "Yeah, their name's ---------- right?" "Well, we're transferring them to U. A.  Into the hero course, they'll arrive about a couple of days before the class goes on their internships" "I'm not even gonna question how you got that information" "anyways, can I count on you to take care of them, since I don't trust them enough to live on their own. If you're wondering about space don't worry, I already bought a house, big enough for the 2 of you and possibly a large pet." I chuckled "is this your way of asking me to also let frost come to Japan." "She's pretty aggressive now that you're not here anymore, so yeah, it would also be better for her." "Alright, send her along with the kid then, knowing you, they're both probably already on their way here." "Yeah, I gotta go, enjoy the rest of the sports festival. Talk to you soon." "Yeah, bye."

And with that I hung up and I made my way back to my seat, time was almost up, I saw Shouto was in first place, and it stayed so until the end

I was outside, looking for Shouto to congratulate him but also to apologize for not seeing the whole thing, I then heard someone say "you see, I'm going to show him that I reject his power, that I can take first place without his damned fire quirk." That unmistakably him "I know you despise him, but your quirk isn't his." I walked to where he was with Izuku, surprising both of them, I continued "don't get me wrong I know how you feel, considering who my parents are, the quirks passed down from them to me are like a scars, but I still use them. I know it's hard to get through, but someday you'll understand." "Umm, (l/n), sorry to interrupt, but I thought you only had one quirk from your parents?"

Izuku's pov:

"I thought so too, but ever since the usj a second power started to appear, my mother's quirk has been activated for reason, I went to get it checked up and see why now. The doctors say it might something to do with this part of my dna being locked before a certain event, problem is I can't remember anything past passing out at the usj." I looked at him in shock, he doesn't remember anything past passing out and all of a sudden he has a new quirk from his mother?!?! "But anyways, that's not what I'm here for now, I actually came to congratulate both of you making it to the one on one battles" he smiled at both if us "I'm proud of the both of you."

And with that he started to walk of back into the building, but there's still one thing I wanna ask him "Wait! (y/n)!" He stopped and turned around "What is this new quirk anyways?" He laughed, I'm pretty confused by this "look down" and I did, and I saw that some of the floor where he walked left an ice trail behind "oh yeah one more thing" we looked back at him "You're getting a new classmate after the festival, be nice to them." WAIT WHAT?!?!

(y/n)'s pov:

After I showed them my quirk I turned the corner because I could smell someone over there, to my surprise it was Bakugou. I motioned for him to follow me, once I was sure they couldn't hear us anymore I spoke up "you know it's not very polite listening in on other people's conversations." He just looked at me angry and said "It's none of your fucking business!" I sweatdropped at that and we walked our separate ways

As I got back to my seat the one on one battles were about to begin

After all the battles (yes I'm skipping over them, it's the same as in the anime) Bakugou got first place, but he isn't too happy about it, in fact he is chained up right now, Shouto got second, though if he had used his full power I think he would've gotten first, but he needs to figure some stuff out first, and finally Tokoyami came in third

(Day after sports festival)

I was making my way to Shouto's house cause he asked me to come with him to visit his mother for the first time in years.

when I got there he just walked out, I waved at him and waited for him so we could continue together

I actually visited Mrs Todoroki frequently when I was still in U.A. I also recently visited her with Fuyumi before the usj incident

We finally got there and we went to Mrs Todoroki's room. Shouto had his hand near the slide of the door, he was hesitating so I pat his back "you can do this, it's gonna be alright. I'm right behind you." And with that he slid the door open and stepped inside, me right behind him "hello mom"

Damn this chapter took a while with exams and all, well, it's here now so enjoy

Ps: if you're wondering about the new student, that will be coming up shortly :)
See ya next time