23. A Visitor From Far Away

28/04/18 - 1 year, 3 weeks, 6 days a/ b (after breakup)

I woke up, warm. His arm was gently around me, holding me to him. Our skin touching. I just sighed happily. His breaths were slow and calm, with a small smile on his lips.

Sunlight peeked through the slightly sheer curtains, careful as to not pry. It must've been about 9am, maybe 10 at the latest. Time just flew when we were together, as if time were just nothing. It froze and flew at the same time. So fast you couldn't notice it. A permanent state of euphoria and passion.

Releasing a yawn, I turned to look at my phone, which lay on the bedside table. As I did, it began to vibrate rhythmically. I sat up slightly, craning my neck and slowly reaching to the phone to answer and hold it to my ear, too tired to think to see who was calling.

"Hello?" I muttered tiredly, trying to not wake Will.

"Long time no see, Cassie," a familiar voice spoke, making me scream (or squeal) before clasping my mouth. Too late, though. Will shot up, fixating his glance at me. He give it a second for his mind to register and wake up.

"Who is it?" he mouthed to me. I shook my head with a grin.

"Ste, you have no fucking idea how much I've missed you," I smiled, sitting against the headboard of the bed.

Three taps at the front door. I looked at Will confusedly, certain I wasn't expecting anyone, before getting up and putting my dressing gown on.

"It's lonely in Manchester without your annoying self," he sighed dramatically.

"I miss having a friend who drinks one can of Strongbow and passes out, honestly," I --- playfully back, making him laugh.

"Yeah, whatever."

I shuffled to the door, holding the phone to my ear as I unlocked it and opened it.

"0161, I'm at your flat," the ginger haired loser grinned, hanging up.

"That doesn't even work, Ste, but whatever," I grinned back with a laugh, and hugged him tight. "What the fuck are you doing here?" I laughed again, happy to have him back. I put my phone in the pocket of my dressing gown.

He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me.

"You know, I was just in the neighbourhood..." I hit him. "No need for the aggression, I thought I would surprise my favourite little friend."

We separated, and he laughed again.

"You don't need to cry, Cas. Yes, it's real, Stephen Tries is here in the flesh,"

"Oh shut up, you idiot. I missed you so much,"

"Guess I missed you too, Cas."