Come and see me

5

Solé

September 22nd

I let out a soft moan while flicking my eyes open, being awakened by soft snores. I turn around only to see Zayn peacefully sleeping while slightly opening his mouth. I smile at the view and slowly broke my self loose from his grip around my waist.

He muffled and fluttered his eyes open.

"Goodmorning Beautiful" he says in a sleepy, raspy voice. Cute I thought

"Good morning, I didn't mean to wake you up"

"It's okay love" He says while sitting up. "Hey,I'm hungry as fuck. You wanna go grab breakfast?" He asks while stretching

"Yea sure" I reply while covering my bare breast with his fluffy white sheets

We both got up and decided on going to IHOP. He gave me one of his black hoodies with navy blue basketball shorts that were a little too big for me- but, I managed.

After driving for about 10 minutes, we pulled up to the local IHOP. We walked in and sat at an empty booth at the very back of the restaurant. It wasn't too busy so that was fortunate for us because we didn't have to wait too long for our orders.

We both ordered Garden Omelettes with pancakes and patiently waited for our dishes to come

"I gotta be honest with you. I haven't had this much fun in so long" Zayn says locking his hazel eyes with my boring dark eyes.

I smile and look down breaking the eye contact "Me neither"

"I know we don't know each other too well yet, but I really like you. When I'm around you I feel pure... happiness. I never felt that way before- especially so quickly. I was instantly drawn to you from the first day I seen you." He quickly rambles. It sounded like he was keeping it in for a while. He lets out a sigh of relief shortly after

"I-.. I don't .. feel the same. I'm sorry I don't even know what to say" I respond in shock.

Although I knew he had a thing for me, it still took me by surprise. But I don't feel the same way and now I'm starting to feel guilty about leading him on. I thought this was just a little fling, nothing more.

"It's okay, you don't have to say anything" he looks down playing with his silver rings. "I know what we are— and I know what we're not."

I could tell he was embarrassed, which made me feel even more guilty.

We sat in silence as we waited for our orders to come. The waiter finally came after 5 long minutes of waiting and we awkwardly ate our food. I could tell this thing we had or whatever was over. I honestly didn't want it to be over but I can't keep leading this guy on. I'm not ready for a relationship

(No ones POV)

Zayn dropped Solé home after their awkward breakfast. He felt very embarrassed and ashamed about the whole situation, he remained quite the whole time lost in his negative thoughts. He wishes that he didn't say anything- he thought he was so stupid for doing that. He just figured after he made love to her last night, it was the right time. He deeply regrets opening up to her so quickly.

Solé on the other hand was battling with her emotions. Deep down inside of her, she knew that she liked Zayn. But she would never admit that to Zayn or herself for that matter. She was hurt in the past and bullied for her dark skin, she hated herself for a very long time. She decided to put up a wall that nobody could tear down and build her confidence. That's one of the reasons why she went into stripping, even though it was pretty trash, it was a confidence booster.
She thought that if she loved herself, no one else would have to love her. Little did she know, it only made her weak and lonely.

When she arrived at her apartment, a wave of loneliness washed over her and instantly broke down crying. Crying so hard that she began to choke on her spit. She hated the fact that Zayn already made her vulnerable enough to cry. But what she hated more was that she liked the vulnerability.

Zayn on the other hand decided to distance himself from Solé and move on from her. It was clear that she didn't like him he thought. He didn't want to invade her space and annoy her. He decided to let go off her.

• • •

It's been two weeks since they've seen each other. Although she understood why he hasn't come to the strip club or texted her, she hated it and wished he'd reach out to her. Her pride and ego is too big for her to reach out to him first, especially after basically rejecting him like that.

But, she broke and couldn't take it anymore. She wasn't performing as good as she usually does. Every time she came on stage she looked for Zayn hoping he'd be there, only to be disappointed which resulted to her putting less effort on the pole. The men noticed it too, they said that she's been slacking lately and haven't been throwing as much money as they usually would.

She hated the fact that Zayn had an impact on her. She hated that she thought about him before sleeping now. She thought about his adorable smile, the way he squinted his eyes when he laughed at her stupid jokes, the way he made love to her.

She knew that he had to see him today. She set her pride aside and decided to head over to his place. She didn't know what to expect, she had to admit she was a tad nervous.

—-
As she was nearly speeding her way to his apartment, she began to think deeply about the situation. She became way too attached to him way too early on. She didn't like the fact that she was slacking off or the fact that she was loosing sleep over someone she barely knew. This needed to stop now she thought

She slammed the breaks causing her to jolt forward almost hitting her head on the steering wheel. Thank god there were no cars behind her . She gripped on the wheel and made a sharp U turn. She decided against showing up at his place. She wasn't sure that she liked him yet- to be exact, she couldn't admit it to herself yet. And she didn't want to waste his time giving him mixed feelings.

She too decided to let Zayn go. It was a one time thing she thought. She promised herself never to do that again. She had to emotionally detach herself from that man.