Year 2 - Snape is my godfather?!

It's Christmas today, my friends have gone home. Everybody is unpacking their gifts except for me. I'm reading in my moms journal again. I find it wonderful to read about my parents. I really need to se Sirius again, I have so many questions. I take the Marauders map so I can check when my brother goes to the Great Hall. I can't believe my eyes. Next to Ron stands the name Peter Pettigrew. I immediately run to the Gryffindor entrance and fortunatly Neville just walk out. 

"Neville, can you please let me in. I need to see my brother." I almost beg him.

"Oh, eh, ok." and he let's me in, well the Fat Lady's reaplacement, Sir Cadogan, lets almost everybody in.

I follow the map untill I found him.

"Oh, hey Darcy." Hermione says. I don't even bother to answer. I'm looking for Pettigrew. His name is again really close to Ron, of course his rat. Pettigrew was a Animagus who could change into a rat.

"Ron, can I borrow your rat. I've a bet with Ginny, I needed to prove that I could bring her your rat and if I say so myself I think she must lose this one, she always wins."

"That's true, here you can have him. Do want me to put him in his cage, I know you don't really like him because he bit you last time."

"That's fine, I'll let her see she lost this time."

When I exit the Gryffindor Tower I am nt heading to Ginny but to Professor Lunin. I knock on the door of his office.

"Sir, it is really important and I know about your secret, don't worry." I reassure him. He opens the door.

"Ah, Darcy come in. What is ther you want to talk about?"

"Sirius Black is innocent and deep down you know that too. You knew how close my father and Sirius were, he would never betray him."

Lunin looks at me with a questionable but sirous face. "Then who did it?"

"He did." I say while I put the cage on his desk. "I'm sure you recognize him, he was one of your friends too."

"Peter Pettigrew? But he is dead, he died 12 years ago."

"No, the only thing they found were two fingers of his left hand. By change this rat misses two toes on his left forepaw. And look at the map, his name is on it. I know they were Animagi and Pettigrew was a rat. He has been hidding for all these years and why would you do that unless you have something to conceal?"

"He was innocent, all these years in Azkaban while he was innocent." Lupin says in disbelieve, "How could you do that to your friends? We always helped you?" Now he faces to me, "Do you know where he is?"

"No, not really. But I allready met him once at the lake, maybe he will be there again." We walk to the lake to the same spot as last time. We see a big black dog coming and we all know who he is. When he reaches us, he changes.

"Remus, it's so good to see you." Sirius hugs him. "Darcy, did you liked my present? And your brother?"

"Ow, I didn't have the time yet to open it but on the look of Harry's face, I can say he loves it."

"Wonderful!"

"How did you escaped?" Lupin asks.

"The dementors didn't had the same effect on me then on the others, I could still think logical. Then I say the Daily Prophet with that bastard on the cover and I just know I had to get out of there. Why do you have an empty cage, by the way?" 

"What? Pettigrew was in it, how did he-?" I begin.

"You had Pettigrew?! Darcy, you need to be careful. He is dangerous!" Sirius cries out.

"You're just like Harry, always telling me to be careful while he is the one who always gets into trouble." I say a bit grumpy but the only thing they two old friends do is smile at me with this weird smile, like they just remembered something. "But, last time yuou didn't tell me who my godfather is." Now they give each other a nervous look.

"Are you sure? Well, it's Severus Snape." Lupin says.

"Severus Snape...? Ow, like in Professor Snape?! Is that the reason why I am the only not -Slytherin he likes?" I ask in shock.

"Probably." Lupin says. "But now I think you need to go back, before they miss you."

"But what will I say to Ron, we lost his rat."

"Say that he escaped from his cage, that's not a lie." Lupin suggests.

"Ok, and ow, when will you learn me?" I ask Sirius.

"Soon" is the only thing he answers before he hugs and I go back to the Great Hall with an empty cage.

"You lied to me!" is the first thing I hear when I enter the Great Hall, "There is no bet, there never was one!" then he takesthe empty cage, "Where is he?!"

"Well, I wanted to practice some spells on it but even before I got to my common room, he was gone. I don't know how he did it, the cage was locked!"

"I should have never given him to you!" he cries while he runs out.

"What happened with his rat?" Harry asks.

"I don't know, one moment it was in its cage and the other moment it was gone. I was afraid of his reaction but I knew I had to face him sometime."