A Chance Of A Lifetime

The early morning sun rose up once again on Berk, with the sun rays brighter than ever. Its rays shone through the open cage in the training ground, where Hilda and the Night Fury were. The light hit Hilda's closed eyes, causing her to flinch and wake up. She placed her hand up over her eyes to block the sun, but to no prevail, forcing her to get up.

"Yeah, morning to you too." she mumbled. She yawned, stretching her arms and legs, thinking she felt a click from it, but didn't dwell on it. She then sat up, leaning up against the wall of the cage. 

"Man, that was surprisingly a rough sleep." she said, rubbing the back of her neck. 

"I can imagine, sleeping on the floor." Hilda got startled by a voice. A familiar voice. She was like a statue, not moving a muscle like there was a bad presence. She then slowly turned her eyes, moving them up before turning her head to see the site of her sister, Linda. She had her arms crossed, with an expression that was almost amused. 

"Oh, hey, Linda." Hilda said with an innocent smile. She then unconvincingly looked around her surroundings. "Whoa! How... did I end up here?" she lied. "Must have... sleepwalked my way here and somehow..." 

"Yeah, you're not fooling me." Linda immediately said, almost cringing at her older sister's attempt of lying her way out of the situation. 

Hilda sighed before proceeding to get up. Linda extended her arm, which Hilda gladly took to help her up. 

"You really thought you could lie to me? Me? The person who's known to lie." Linda exclaimed.

Hilda shrugged her shoulders. "Hey, it was worth a shot." She then sighed. "Listen, I can explain this."

"Oh, I'm the least of your worries." Linda chuckled before making her way and opening the cage doors. Hilda winched as she was still getting used to the morning light. Once her eyes adjusted, she was met with an unwelcoming site - Alric, Martha, Sterling and even Hiccup were at the training ground. 

"Look who I found!" Linda proclaimed as she stepped aside to introduce Hilda, who stood there, looking pretty guilty. All she did was give an innocent wave. "Morning, guys." she simply said with a guilty smile. Hilda wasn't really good in hiding her mischief, completely different from her sister.

"Where's the Night Fury?" Hiccup immediately asked, looking not so pleased. 

"It's still in there." Linda answered, pointing behind her. "Not really fond of us." Hilda turned herself to see the site of its green eyes peering through the darkness at the end of the cage. It almost startled her, but she instead became fascinated by the site. 

"Right, Sterling, you know what to do." Once Hilda heard Hiccup say this, she quickly turned back around and began walking up to him. 

"Hiccup, I need to talk to you."

"There's nothing to talk about." Hiccup sternly said, making his way out of the training grounds.

"Please, Hiccup! At least, let me try to convince you. Convince all of you!" she pleaded. Hiccup stood still, before eventually turning around.

"You know what? I can be fair." Hiccup mentioned. 

"Can you?" Martha joked. 

Hiccup gave an eye at her, who was standing next to him before continuing. "Like I said, I'm a fair person. So, I'll get you a chance to try and convince at least one of us. The big goal is convincing me." he explained.

"OK. Sounds good. I'll take it." Hilda closed her eyes and took one deep breath in and out. "This is it, Hilda. You got one shot at this. Make it count."