Chapter 12 - You always hurt me

Radhika is speechless looking at the love struck puppy in front of her. Karthik keeps smiling at Meenu who is standing with her parents far away. Radhika laughs at his reactions and pinch him hardly saying, "Now i believe it is true" he screams in pain and rubs the place where she pinched.

Karthik looks at her laughing face irritatingly, "Don't laugh too much. We both are more or less in same situation"

Radhika makes face at him and said, "I feel we have to work hard"

Karthik smirks, "There is no such scene for me. I can tell to my parents right away"

Rads, "Ahaan, ok go and say right now. Even it is good for me to stop acting in front of everyone"

Karthik thinks for a second and they both walks towards his parents who is already talking to Radhika's dad Chandran.

Before Karthik opens his mouth to say something, his mom hugs him and congratulates him.

Karthik and Radhika blinks at each other and he asks, "For what mom?"

Mom, "For your marriage with Radhika" and she hugs Radhika also.

They both stand shocked of not knowing what to say and she continues, "Tomorrow is your engagement"

Karthik, "What's the urge for this?"

Rad's dad interrupts him, "This we have discussed already and you both had agreed for this relation right. Then what's wrong in keeping it early. And as i see you both are in a good understanding and together for most of the time"

Rads in her mind, "Hayyo Appa, you are taking everything wrongly. We understand each other very well, but you guys are in a big misunderstanding" she makes faces while talking to herself.

He notices her reaction and his view goes behind Arjun who is walking towards them. He waits for him to come near her and when he comes near them, he wraps her shoulders by his and say to Karthik's parents, "My daughter is lucky to have an in-laws like you and a husband like Karthik. I am sure that Karthik will keep her happy,  unlike the other guys who always ready to hurt my daughter for others and use her for their own benefit"

Arjun is hurt and shocked hearing his words, he feels bad seeing his hatred for him. Radhika notices Arjun and gets worry seeing him getting hurt by her beloved dad.

Arjun silently leaves from there and settles himself on the steps of the pool inside the temple & lost in his own thoughts.

"She has to move on Arjun" he recalls her friend Nivi informed him when she was crying for the heart break.

"Unlike the other guys who always ready to hurt my daughter for others and use her for their own benefit" her dad's words also haunting him badly.

"He is right, i am using her for my own benefit and she needs a good person unlike me" Arjun's face shows some decision and tells himself, "I want her to be happy forever, she needs a better person who can make her happy and Karthik is the right one for her"

He walks to the family who is ready to leave the temple after their puja is done. Arjun finds Karthik & Radhika stands silently with a confusion written over their face.

He plaster a fake smile over his face and walks to them. 

Rads finds him smiling at her and thinks, "Why the hell he is smiling?"

Arjun comes to them and wishes them, "Congratulations for your engagement" with a fake smile over his face.

Radhika's face becomes pale hearing him and tears brimming her eyes the next moment.

Arjun noticed her tears but pretend like not seeing her and turns to Karthik saying, "Sorry but i cannot stay in your engagement. I am planning to leave tonight"

Karthik is about to say but Radhika interrupts him, "Will leave" and turns her face away from Arjun.

********

The drive to home becomes a deadly silent where no dare or care to speak up. As like before, Karthik gets into the driver seat and Radhika takes the seat beside ignoring Arjun who is standing out to wait for her move.

He smiles faintly at her reaction and moves in to the back seat without saying anything to anyone.

Meenu also surprise to see Radhika at the front with a frown face and her view instantly moves towards Karthik who is already starring her.

She lowers her gaze and sit at the back followed by Charu and other kids.

Once reaching home, Radhika gets down as fast as she can and rushes to her room and slams the door behind her harshly.

She cries her heart out recalling Arjun's words and says, "You always like to hurt me Arjun. You never tried to read my heart Arjun. I was waiting for you to open up your heart and say your love on me. But you again failed me Arjun. I hate you...i hate you from the bottom of my heart"

She keeps crying to get over the heart break once again and never bother to check Arjun and his travel to his home tonight.

Later in the night, Arjun comes down with his luggage and meet the family in the hall room. He goes to Rad's dad and bends down to get his blessings saying, "Uncle, i have to leave urgently. I am sorry that i can not attend Radhika's engagement."

He sighs and murmurs while blessing him, "I am sorry if i hurt you but i am looking for my daughter's happiness. I don't want her to get hurt again and don't want you to be the reason again. Stay  happy" 

He smiles at him and greets everyone before leaving from and goes to Karthik to wish him once again.

Karthik, "Arjun, all i can say is you are in lack of patience"

Before Arjun says something, the servant calls him informing that the Taxi is ready to drop him at the station.

Arjun bids bye to everyone there and turns to the stairs towards Radhika's room and feels dejected of not seeing her one last time before he leaves.

He goes out and sits in the car waving bye to everyone and finally his sight halts above finding his love starring at him.

Radhika runs to the balcony and finds him getting inside the car and bidding bye to all.

She wants to scream and stop him but her anger is not allowing her to do so and stands there to spot him with tears in her eyes.

His car starts moving and he could see her figure is disappearing slowly from his sight.

He leans back on the head rest murmuring, "I am not right for you Radhika"

********************************************************************************

What to say? I want to slap hard on Arjun's face. I could say radhika's dad is looking for his daughter's happiness but i wish he should prove him that he is her happiness.

Will see what happens next? I am surely doesn't have any idea. Now the story again goes back to the city. He will meet his friend Naveen, her friend Nivi and most probably he may or may not meet Jeni.

What will happen? I am so so curious to know next. So keep waiting for the next update.

Please share your views and vote for it.

Love you all :)