Eevee Start

I woke up in front of my screen after spending all night playing on my switch. I stretch a bit before deciding to head out remembering what today was.

"I'm coming up!" I hear my friend call as up the stairs comes Trace. "Up and at 'em!" He calls as he enters my room. "Morning, Kaylub!"

"Morning, Trace!" I say smiling back.

"I couldn't wait any longer, so I came to get you!" Today was the day we were going to receive a pokemon from Professor Oak. "Oh, but before we go...you read the email I sent you yesterday, right?"

"Yes I read it."

"You better have! I'm going to book it to Professor Oak's lab, so see you there!" He then rushes out of my room. I shake my head then head down and out the door saying bye to my mom. She looks my way before returning to the dishes.

I start to head towards the lab when I hear professors voice from behind me. I turn to see him out on Route 1 talking to some Pidgey. I walk over.

"Hello Professor?" I call out from outside of the tall grass.

"Ah! If it isn't Kaylub!" He then steps into the tall grass facing me. "Oh, of course! I promised to give you and Trace your pokemon today didn't I? Well in that case why don't we head over to-" He was cut off as a Eevee came running up to me. It seemed like he wanted me to catch him, so I threw one of my Pokeballs catching him. After that, the Pokeball just zooms away towards the lab. 

We enter the lab and go over to Trace. "Professor Oak! Those Pokeballs there-I swear there were only two a second ago, but now there are three!"

"A perfectly reasonable reaction, my boy! You see, one of them is an Eevee that Kaylub caught just now."

"So, wait, Kaylub...you caught it yourself?" Then the middle Pokeball jumped. "Wha-?! I've never seen that happen before!"

"Hohoho! How interesting!" He walks over to the table before addressing me again. "Well, my boy, this is it! Take that Pokeball-and keep good hold of it this time!" 

I  walk over to Eevee's Pokeball only for it to start glowing as I reach out to touch it. I then pet the head off Eevee who seems happy and quite excited to be my partner. 

"Hmm, what a strange pokemon indeed. It sure doesn't seem to like staying in one place! But it looks as though it's taken a shine to you, Kaylub. Why not give it a name?" I look at Eevee then shake my head.

"Eevee is perfect." I say with a smile as Eevee smiles back.

"Professor, I choose this one!" Trace picked up Pikachu's Pokeball

"One more thing! Now that you two are setting out as Trainers, I'd like to ask your help with something. Take this with you on your journeys." He walks over to his desk.

"What is that thing, Professor?" 

"This is the Pokedex that I've designed!" We both receive a red pokedex as he goes on to explain the  use of it and the quest he has for us. Trace sets out first as I head out after him after thanking the Professor.

Once outside, Mom comes over to me as Eevee goes over to her. "Oh, how cute! This is the one you got from the professor?"

"Actually, I caught him myself." I say with a bit of a rub of my head.

"What? You caught him yourself?! That's amazing!" She looks saddened before smiling at Eevee "Eevee take good care of my son." She then walks off as I smile before heading off.

I enter Route 1 and catch both a Pidgey, Bellsprout and a Rattata before entering Viridian City. Eevee rushes over to the flower bed and watches them sway as I go up to the Pokemart.

"Hey! you came up from Pallet Town?" The clerk asked as I nodded. "You must know Professor Oak, right?" I nod again. "I've got a delivery for him, but I really can't leave the Pokemart unattended right now. Can I get you to take this to Professor Oak for me?"

"Sure," he hands me the Parcel.

"Thanks, kid! Say hi to Professor Oak for me, too." I give a nod as Eevee and I head back to the lab.

"Hi, Professor," I walk up to him Eevee by my side.

"Why, Kaylub? Back so soon? How is little Eevee doing?" Eevee then climbs up to rest on my hat. "Goodness me! Eevee here seems like it's really come to be a true partner to you, Kaylub! I think you've got what it takes to become a great pokemon trainer!"

"Um...I actually came to deliver this parcel." I hand it over to him.

"Oh! So my order arrived! Thank you for bringing it to me!" Then Trace came rushing in.

"Hey, Professor Oak! It's about my Pikachu! It's moves are-" He then looks over at me and sees Eevee on my hat. "Whoa! Kaylub! That's so cool!"

"Ah! And now we have Trace as well! What fine timing. I've just been delivered so very handy Items, which I think i'll share with the two of you!" We got some berries which Trace tries to eat, but is quickly stopped by both the Professor and me. He then tells us to have fun on our adventure.

I head out to leave only to be stopped by Trace.

"Wait up! You do know you can do more with pokemon then just catch 'em, right? If you're a trainer, you can have pokemon battles with other trainers, too! I'll show you exactly what I mean! It's battle time!"

He sends out Pikachu as Eevee jumped off my hat and I toss him out to the battle. Eevee used Quick attack as Pikachu used Thunder shock. With another Quick Attack we won. 

"Yes!" Eevee cheered as he hopped back onto my hat.

"Aw, jeez... There I went mouthing off like I knew everything, and then I lost! How embarrassing! I probably should've trained my pokemon up a bit before trying  a battle like that, huh? Let's battle again  sometime." He then runs off as I then leave after him heading home.

I sit on my bed Eevee next to me as I then plop backwards onto my bed. "This is going to be fun right Eevee?" 

Eevee looks down at me and smiles. "Yep!" I smile back before falling asleep looking at a picture of me and my twin sister Garvulis playing on the switch.