First Gym Battle

I exit the Pokemon center with my sister and Eevee beside me.

"Hey. Nice! I was hoping we'd run into each other! You know there's a Pokemon Gym up this way, right, Kaylub?" I give him a nod. "You can battle against the Gym Leader there, and he's seriously strong! If you want to get stronger, you've definitely gotta try to take him on!" Eevee got excited. "Hah! Jeez, Eevee! You're ready for a good battle, too, huh? Who wouldn't be! All right, then. You're making me want to cheer you guys on, too, so take these!" He gives me five potions. "I bought some for you with the prize money I've been earning in all my battles. Beat the Gym Leader, Kaylub, and you can really call yourself a true Trainer! Give it your best!" He then runs off.

"He really likes you." I blush at my sisters comment before moving on heading toward the gym.

We meet a woman who asks us to watch her slowpoke as she goes into the museum. When she gets back I get a big pearl from her when she returns.

"Lets battle this gym!" I nod to my sister as we enter the building.

We battle the two trainers as Eevee easily beats both trainers. I walk up to Brock with my sis by my side.

"So, you're here. I'm Brock, Pewter City's Gym Leader. You can see just by looking at my Pokemon how rock hard my willpower is. My Pokemon are all hard as rock and have true-grit determination! That's right! My Pokemon are all Rock types! Fwahaha! You're going me even knowing that you'll lose? That's what a Training's honor demands! So be it! Show me your best!" Eevee pops off my hat as sis sends out Nidoran Male. Brock sends out Geodude.

Geodude was easy to take down, but Onix was harder. We still won as Brock gave me the gym badge Eevee and I High-five. I smile at my sister as we exit.

"Hey, you there! Newbie!" I turn to see a taller male with spiky brown hair wearing a blue long sleeve shirt and black jeans. His brown eyes scan me. I blush. "Don't tell me... You've gotta be Kaylub, right?"

"H-how did you know that?!"

"'Cause you look just like my gramps said. I'm Blue! I heard from my gramps that two new kids set out from Pallet Town to become Trainers, just like I did once. So I came to check you out! I was thinking you might want some advice on how to beat the Gym from an expert Trainer like me, but looks like I showed up too late, huh? Seems you're not too shabby yourself... So I guess you've earned a reward, newbie!" He leans in and hands me Great Balls and then pecks my cheek as my face turns red. "Those'll be even better for catching Pokemon then plain old Poke Balls. Smell ya later, newbie!" He then leaves with a wink.

"Seems like Trace has some competition~" I look at my sister who just giggles and walks ahead of me.

"W-wait, what did mean by that?!" I chase after her as she just laughs and runs down Route 3. We battle 2 coach trainers then 6 other trainers before reaching Mt. Moon.  I catch a Ekans before we enter Mt. Moon to see two strange people dressed in weird clothes talking to each other.

Sis puts a finger to her lips and tiptoes over to them. 

"Sis!" I whisper-yell at her. I go over to her as the two turn to me.

"You! You were eavesdropping on us just now, weren't you!" The female asks as I shrink a bit shaking my head.

"Meowth! You were supposed to be keeping watch!" The blue haired male said.

"I was taking a nap!" The Meowth said as he ran by me to stand with the two.

"We know there're rare Fossils buried around here somewhere! If you've got any, you'd better hand them over to us, twerp!"

"That's right! If anyone's going to profit off those rare Fossils, it's going to be us!" The two laugh and run off as I look to my sis looks at me with a shrug.

We travel through the first level catching Zubat, and a Geodude. We also battle 2 trainers before running into the red haired lady from earlier.

"Ugh! You're pretty fast, Kid!" She then runs off.

We battle 3 more trainers before the blue haired male saw us.

"Quit following us!"

"This is the way to the exit!"

"Oh..." he then runs off.

2 more trainers then we go down ladders exploring the second level. We run into a Team Rocket grunt and easily beat him.

Meowth looks at me.

"Who?!" He runs away.

I look to my sister who shrugs. We battle a Rocket Grunt before noticing the two looking over the edge.  We walk slowly by them before continuing on.

"Hey, stop! I found these Fossils! They're both mine!" We then battle. I win and he allows me to pick one of the Fossils. I take the Dome fossil. I look to my sis as we start to leave.

"Stop right there!" I turn only to get spun and land in the arms of the blue haired male who looks down at me. "James!" After a few seconds longer he then pushes me away from him as I blink with a blush. "Hands off! That Fossil belongs to us!" James growls.

"How did you even get ahead of us?!"

"We're Team Rocket! I'm Jessie!"

"And I'm James!"

"And the two of us are going to take that Fossil back!" The two pose as James had a rose out. We battle and I win.

"Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off!" They then run off.  I look to my sister who shrugs. We both exit the cave as I pet Eevee who was confused by the two.

We travel through route 4 then land in Cerulean Town where we heal up and decide to rest.

"Three competitors, one prize." I look to my sis confused as she just giggles to herself before laying down planning to go to sleep.