Two {R.T.}

"So," I said, sitting politely at the table with everyone else. Freddie was singing happy birthday to himself, and I was just watching calmly.

"Mercury?" His sister asked. The way Roger was looking at her was sickening all around, so I felt around under the table with my leg and gently kicked him. 

I earned a questioning glare from Brian and I smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry," I muttered. "I was aiming for Roger."

Brian rolled his eyes, smiling, as Freddie and Kash had an exchange about a phone call.

"Of course you were," Brian said. He glared at Roger, who rolled his eyes, then went back to conversing with Freddie's parents.

Freddie walked up to the edge of the table.

"I have an announcement," he said.

"Yeah?" I asked. He looked me right in the eye to avoid looking at his dad.

"Someone saw us at the recording studio," Freddie said. "Gave our demo to John Reid. He manages Elton John. He wants to speak with us."

"You're kidding!" I said excitedly. "Oh my god! Freds, that's amazing! Huh... Really, wow... Well, I'll see you tomorrow. Bye guys!"

I rushed out of the house, doing a happy little spin once I was out of the door. I shivered in excitement, smiling like an idiot. I walked into the nearest bar and got a lager. Like the good old days, I stood in the back and watched the current band play. About fifteen minutes later, I was joined by Brian and Roger.

"Hey, guys," I said happily. "You excited?"

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Roger asked rhetorically. "Of course we are!"

"I know, I know, I'm sorry," I said, laughing. "It's just such a dream, y'know? Freds and I never thought... Wow."

"Yeah," Brian said, watching the band on the stage. He grinned. "Think they'll make it?"

"Not as big as we're gonna make it!" I said happily. "To us!"

I held out my glass and we made a mutual toast. We partied for a little while before we finally decided to part ways and go home. 

♥♡♥♡♥

Edited 2/1/21