SIXTEEN

" was it just fun and games to him?"

diego

i never felt my heart break as fast as i did just now.

hell, at least last time when kimetrius "rejected" me, it was really jacey who did it, so i still had a little silver of hope in my heart that maybe kimetrius would like me back, but now that little bit of hope left as soon as he went on a rant about how he's not gay and he doesn't like me.

it all started when jared dared jordan to lick my thigh. it was a strange dare, considering me and jordan barely interact, but jared's a strange person, so whatever. i rolled up my shorts until my thigh was exposed, and jordan licked it briefly before almost immediately going back to where he was.

then stokeley started taunting kimetrius about it and saying he was jealous, which caused kimetrius to get pissed and go off about how much he doesn't like me.

i tried to hold it in, but i couldn't. i immediately bursted out crying after hearing kimetrius cruelly deny he had feelings for me. hearing him say he didn't like me was hurtful enough, but the fact that he sounded disgusted by the concept of us being together felt like i took a knife in my heart.

i honestly felt so pathetic, crying in front of a guy in front of everyone. now they know that i like kimetrius - not that it wasn't obvious before, but really, me crying after he rejected me just made it all the more obvious.

i started sobbing uncontrollably, tears pouring at a record speed as i felt someone come over to comfort me.

"it's okay dee, it's okay," symere whispered to me as he rubbed my back softly to soothe my crying, which didn't work, because all him comforting me made me do is cry harder.

i couldn't do this. i couldn't be in the same room as kimetrius right now. or ever. my heart was beyond shattered, and every moment near him was only making the pain i felt worse and worse.

i got up abruptly, thanking symere for trying to comfort me before i ran into the bathroom and locked the door to go cry to myself some more.

after i left, i overheard jahseh and symere telling kimetrius off for being an asshole to me, and while i appreciated it, i couldn't find it in me to tune in. all i could think about was why.

why was i so stupid to think that kimetrius would ever like me back? i had hope after he literally dropped jacey because she was mean to me, but he did all that only for him to reject me in the end? i was just confused now.

and what was all that flirting shit about if he doesn't like me? was it just fun and games to him? did he think it was funny to find me, a loser who nobody likes, make me fall in love with him, and then turn around and reject me in front of everyone?

i should have stuck to my gut. i knew he would never love me. i mean, kimetrius is one of the most popular guys in school, that both guys and girls wanted their shot with. why, out of everyone, would he chose me? an ugly buck toothed kid with acne and a lisp that also gets mistaken for a girl half the time?

people like him don't go for people like me.

hell, i was lucky he even wanted to be friends with me.

while i was deep in thought, still sobbing my eyes out and wishing i could just go home (but i had no money for an uber, and my ride was currently getting his guts rearranged in the upstairs closet), i heard a knock on the door.