Part 5. Kissing You.

_____________   

Part 5. Kissing You.

Justin was sitting, leaning back on his caleido dark blue colored tampere armchair, his legs stretched out on the matching high footrest, with one earbud playing the soft melody from some random radio station, while the other earbud was hanging lo...

Justin was sitting, leaning back on his caleido dark blue colored tampere armchair, his legs stretched out on the matching high footrest, with one earbud playing the soft melody from some random radio station, while the other earbud was hanging low from his shoulder blade. His head was resting on the extra head-rester attached to the high back with satisfied ache all over his body from his morning workout. His face was glowing with the morning sunrise as he bathed in the sunlight and the quiet atmosphere of the early day around him. He had come out to the patio after a long run in his neighborhood and a good hour session in the gym since he didn't have too much time before the kids woke up, to watch the enchanting sunrise from his backyard but he was too exhausted from his long hours of work-recording, attending his friend's niece's birthday party and then running around to drive Joshua and Jesus back and forth from school and doing interviews in-betweens. No doubt he had a driver for that but he was a parent first then a singer, multitasking was his mantra.

Justin thought back to the last week, he wasn't accusing his sons of anything, not with what happened with Sophia and Ali. He understands them and heard what they had to say, it must have hurt when Ali hit their nerve unintentionally and called them out about their mother.

Justin also knew his sons needed him more than before now. This was the first sign that everything was changing, everything he expected would be true and Joshua and Jesus- were smart kids and knew better about the situation but were still young, naive and would act upon their emotions fairly too quickly. They were growing up, their friends were asking them too many questions that always hit too close to home.

When they were younger Justin had tried to tell them about how he was blessed with them but they were too small and young to understand. And now they were growing up too soon for his liking, facing the world alone when he was not there to shield them from the harshness, they were asked too many question and just the two of them to answer. Justin was grateful that his sons were understanding and didn't act without analyzing the situation and not doing what he most probably wouldn't do. But they had gone and caused a fight, hit a girl- okay pulled at her uneven pigtails and pushed the small kid who looked like he was still stuck in the age of three. They were kids but they wouldn't always be if he didn't mold them now than later will be too late for him to do anything.

Justin found it amazing that Zayn hasn't filed a complaint in the school board against him and his sons. Well, it was not really surprising from their first meeting that Zayn would do something so irrationally. Zayn seemed he had his cool under control, had it all figured out from the brim of information, and didn't act upon impulse, was too calm and collected when talking to Sophia and Ali, was very gentle when interacting with Jesus and Joshua. 

Zayn was too good to miss this opportunity to become friends with. Justin would like a parent figure like him in his life, Justin thought Zayn was inspirational if he minuses some weird tactic of him, Justin couldn't understand the weird way he phrased some words and then looked at him like he couldn't believe he said it loud. It was new and refreshing, Zayn was a good man and even better parent, so what if he liked banding- Justin chuckled at that memory of flushing rosy cheeks and shy eyes, Zayn who was his sons' idol was really intriguing- just in a different way for him that Justin couldn't understand why.