18 | Family

After a few days in the hospital, the doctors finally decided that I was well enough to be sent to recovery at home. Much of my skin was still bruised from Damien and the accident, but to my pleasure, it was found that Damien had died in the crash.

     It was one of the reasons why I thought the crash was a good idea to get out. Although, getting stuck in a minor a coma wasn't part of the options I gave myself. I let out a sigh and I felt Andrew grab my hand. I blushed and intertwined my fingers with his. After what had happened over the past couple of weeks...I wasn't letting go anytime soon.

     Regardless of being stuck in a bed all day, I was still pretty tired, seeing as most of my body was focusing its energy on fixing some of the injuries I had inside and outside. Shane had gotten the Uber for us and Andrew allowed me to get in first. My body was sore all over and it hurt whenever I tried to sit down. Eventually I got comfortable enough and Andrew followed behind me. Slowly we all piled into the SUV and we headed to the airport.

     I leaned my head on Andrew's shoulder and I could feel him smiling. I felt safe again. Like everything was finally right in the world again. It felt right. And I was damn ready to fight anything or anyone who tried to take it away from me. I felt Andrew wrap his arm around me and I smiled. I closed my eyes and eventually dozed off.

     I was awoken by a gentle nudge from Morgan as she tried to wake both me and Andrew up. He had fallen asleep as well. I smiled softly and placed a small kiss on his cheek. His eyes gently fluttered open and I chuckled gently.

     "Good morning, sleeping beauty" I teased.

     He smiled and fixed himself. "Heh, sorry about that." he blushed. "Did you sleep well?"

     Morgan chimed in from the car door. "You guys can chit chat more on the plane. We have a flight to catch, unless you two never wanna make it back to LA." she snickered. We nodded and got out of the car, following close behind the group hand in hand. Morgan and Garrett looked back at us and they both smiled, them snickering and laughing. They were such good friends, and their friendship seemed unbreakable.

     Morgan was a great friend and person. It was honestly surprising how she didn't have a boyfriend yet. She wanted one, badly. But I could tell that she also enjoyed her time being single. But hey, you never know, The One might be a lot closer than you think. I gazed at Garrett talking with Morgan and smiled.

(oof am I shipping morgan and garrett??? m a y b e...s h h h,, okay but psa I think they would make a 13/10 couple but im not gonna like say oMg tHeYre gonna dAte- no. garrett is gay and I respect both him and morgan's sexualities,, and everyone else should too. if they do date, it'd be really great!!! but even as friends they're great and im not really gonna push it much in this fic. thanks for coming to my ted talk)

     After Shane handed out our tickets we waited for our plane to board. Shane and Ryland were flirting with each other and it was fun to watch honestly. Shane seemed more relax now and honestly I was happy for that. Seeing him finally embrace who he is and has been the best. He knows that all of us love him for who he is. Especially Ryland. Because of that he's happy. I looked around at the people in the room, and I smiled to myself. Every person in this room has their own story and to think how far they've come to reach this point is amazing. Some are happy and living their best life, and others are going through a hard time of their own.

     I directed my gaze back to my friends. Their stories were all remarkably different, yet we're all here. We all went through tragedy these past few weeks but we were all there for each other. And we recovered together. And to think I almost lost all of them...it scares me. I sigh contently and I felt a gaze from next to me. It was Andrew. I smiled and turned to him.

     "What's wrong?" I asked.

     He smiled and shook his head. "Nothing. I just want to look at you...and before you say I should take a picture, I enjoy living in the moment. And right now the moment is you. You mean so much to me, (Y/N). I don't ever want to lose you....which is why I wanted to give you this." He stood up and pulled out a small box from his backpack.

     A few people started gazing at Andrew and he chuckled softly. "Before anyone says anything, no, I'm not proposing...yet. But..." He kneeled down on one knee. "Do you, (Y/N) (L/N), promise me you'll stay with me until the day comes where I make you my wife?" He opened the box and pulled out a ring. It wasn't an engagement ring. It was a promise ring. There were two of them. One for myself and one for him as well. Morgan saw and she gasped and squealed at Garrett and Ryland. Shane was ecstatic and I blushed deeply.

     "Andrew Siwicki, yes. I do promise to stay with you, ever since the day we started dating, and every day since." I smiled at him and pulled him into a hug. He hugged back and I pulled away after a bit, he placed the ring onto my finger and I gazed into his eyes and kissed him deeply.

     After pulling away Shane engulfed me in a hug. "OH MY GOD I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS IM GONNA FUCKING CRY-" he squealed. Ryland patted him on the back and laughed.

     "Okay but we are still in an airport so please try not to make it such a big deal for everyone else in here." he chuckled.

     Shane pouted. "But it is a big deal! You two are like my children! Kinda- wait is that weird? Nevermind. I'm just really happy for you!!" he clapped his hands together and smiled. "Oh. But uh...since we're doing this. I think now is the right time. Andrew, I'm sorry. But I'm gonna have to upstage you."

     He tilted his head. "What do you- wait. Oh my god you're gonna do it, aren't you?" He smiled. I looked at him, all of us in confusion. Andrew smiled at Shane knowingly and nodded his head in approval. I'm not sure for what, but by the looks of it, we're about to find out.

     "Ryland." He stated. Grabbing his hand and holding it gently. "Ever since I met you that fateful day two years ago, everything in my life has just become so much better. I'm happier and I feel like I've finally found my true purpose in life and found the person I desperately want to live for. I've come and lived a hard life, both struggling with my self-esteem and my depression but...you seemed to just fix all of that. You made me forget what that was. And I love you so much for that. Sure I have my days but...you help me. Well, what I'm trying to say is...I love you. And..." Shane pulled out his own box from his pocket and went down on not one, but two knees. (edited for 2/19/2019 for my bb's who got engaged <3)

     "Ryan Adams, will you marry me?"

     Morgan and I nearly screamed and Garrett was smiling ear to ear. Ryland was almost in tears and he nodded.

     "Yes, Shane. I will." he replied. Shane kissed him and hugged him. We all followed into a big group hug and we heard cheers from some of the people in the airport.

     I have absolutely no idea that either of them were planning this but I was happy. Genuinely really happy. I had friends who loved me and even if we aren't related, I love them like my family. No, they are my family. And I intend to keep it that way.

---

~Word Count: 1,387~

Next Scheduled Update: Wednesday | December 12, 2018

a/n

aahhHHHHH hEy there my dudes its been a few days hasnt it???? a n y w a y ahem. LOOK AT MY BOIS SKSKSKSKKS I CANT WAIT FOR SHANE AND RYLAND TO GET MARRIED AND START A FAMILY :') but yeah this is like....idk i was writing trying to figure out what to do in between here and the prologue and then....wAit...PROMISE RINGS EXIST- so yea. anyway,,, im gonna work on Evicted now,, so feel free to go read that...byee!!!!! oh and in case you're wondering, College Auditions went great!!! love u guys!!

stay frosty

xoxo

-AR