Great Grandpa Valerio's Story:

He met a guy at a bar once and they got along pretty well. They got along so well my grandpa actually bought him a drink, and that's very surprising since my grandpa doesn't give money up so easily. Anyways, they were there chatting and having a good time. I forgot to mention my grandpa did dislike something about him and that was his long hair. You see my grandpa loved having his hair short and having his beard neatly shaved. Overall, he was a big fan of being groomed. Due to this, he thought every man should do this and it bothered him to see this, but he made an exception for this lad. Why? Uh I have no clue. That's besides the point, so as I was saying before I drifted off, they were having a good time. After a couple of drinks, he finally summoned the courage to question him about it. 

"Say, why don't you cut your hair? You'll get all the girls that way," He slurred as he placed a hand on his shoulder.

The man simply chuckled, "No thank you. I take pride in my hair. Besides I made an oath to never cut it!" his response confused my grandpa, almost upset he even. He didn't want this to ruin the mood so he ordered another round. 

Before they could gulp their drinks, their attention was caught by the man that entered the bar. This man happened to be a barber and he walker towards my grandpa and the hairy dude. With one swift motion he grabbed the hairy dude by the hair and chopped off his head. The barber looked at my grandpa and gave him a nod, "Keep it short or else you're next," was all he said. So ever since then, he told this story to get us to cut our hair. 

-The End