Beautiful.

Stiles frowned slightly as he glared at his reflection in the bathroom mirror. 

He bit his lip, noting all the things that he found to be quite unpleasant about himself. 

His hair was disheveled and messed up, his skin was pale and he has too many moles, he was too tall and awkwardly lanky. He sighed, feeling his heart sink. Okay, so he wasn't some insecure little girl but he'd never liked the way he looked. He'd never saw his reflection and been happy with it.

A knock on the bathroom door interuppted his thoughts. Stiles froze. It could be anyone. See, he was at Derek's loft for pack bonding and he'd excused himself to the bathroom after a snide remark from Jackson had sent him into a pit of self loathing.

He swung the door open to, of course, be met with the cold hard gaze of Derek. 

"Stiles. You've been in here for ages. You okay?" Derek asked, and Stiles thought he saw a glint of concern flicker through the older mans eyes. 

"Fine." Stiles replied, thanking the lord he hadn't stuttered or something. Derek made him feel weird. All gooey inside and he didn't know how exactly to explain it, but he made him feel...bashful. 

"Stiles." Derek groaned, his eyes rolling and his frown getting deeper, if that was possible. "Don't lie to me." 

"I'm not lying." Stiles lied.

"Yes you are, I can tell by your heartbeat, its fast." Derek retorted with a smirk.

Stiles snorted. "Maybe its fast for a different reason, you don't know. Maybe its fast because I of the aderall I have to take." He rambled.

"Stiles. Shut up, for God's sake. I can tell when you're lying because you're heart tate fluctuates only slightly, if it was that aderall causing your quick heart rate I'd know. So stop trying to change the topic, and tell me why you've been hiding away in the bathroom for 20 minutes." Derek spoke slowly, with a sense of importancy. 

Stiles just stared at him, his whisky coloured eyes glaring into the cool blue of the wolfs eyes. 

"I...I needed the bathroom, I'm fine, Derek, really." Stiles prayed his heart rate was steady. Derek looked right into his eyes, and Stiles thought he my faint right there.

"Tell me, whats wrong." And that was all it took. He broke.

"I don't like it." Stiles spoke, his hands shaking lightly.

"Like what?" Derek seemed confused. Stiles pointed at himself in the mirror. 

"I don't like my fucking face or my fucking hair or my fucking body, I hate all of it, Derek, and I can't stand it anymore. Okay? I - I'm tired of hating myself, tired of being disgusting." Stiles gasped out as he sunk to the tiled flooring, his head in his hands. A silence settled between the two, and Stiles thought that maybe Derek had left, but he hadn't. He was still there, staring at the younger boy in shock.

"Stiles. Look at me." Derek demanded. Stiles looked up slowly, reluctantly. "You are not disgusting." Stiles laughedat that manically, but tears brimmed in his broken eyes.

"Don't say that, don't fucking give me that bullshit. I'm not saying I'm ugly for attention, I'm saying it because its true. I'm not ripped or super handsome, I'm so completely average and its painful. Its painful to look in the mirror and just know that you don't look good, and just know that you're so ugly that nobody could ever love you." Stiles spat, wiping a tear from his flushed cheeks.

Derek crouched down, and took Stiles hand in his. Stiles frowed slightly, trying to meet the wolfs gaze.

"Stiles. Oh, Stiles." Derek sighed. "You have no idea, do you? No idea how...how fucking precious you really are. You know what I see when I look at you? I see a boy with porcelin skin speckled with cute little moles, I see a boy with beautiful big hazel eyes, I see a boy that looks like he could have just walked straight out of the pages of a magazine." Derek huffed, and Stiles looked into his eyes, trying to see if he was lying or not. Stiles thought maybe he was dreaming. "I see beauty. And my point is, just because you don't find yourself beautiful doesn't mean others think you're ugly. Stand up with me, come on." 

They stood up together. Derek put his arms around Stiles stomach as they stared into the mirror.

"You're beautiful." Derek breathed, his hot breath on Stiles ear. Stiles felt his eyes pool with tears again, but not the sad kind. "Say it, go on." 

"I...I'm beautiful.." Stiles whispered softly.

"Thats right." Derek mumbled, spinning him around and leaning in. 

They're lips met, and Stiles actually smiled into the kiss. Because he finally, truly felt beautiful.