Part One

His body hung from the rafters, lying lifelessly at the end of a rope.

His feet were mere inches away from the ground.

His best friend was beside his hanging feet, on the ground curled in a ball. She hadn't moved in hours nor was she going to until her parents got worried about where she was.

His mother was away on a cruise with his father, both were most definitely not thinking about him or what he was doing. They had left for the sole reason of getting away from him.

His dog, who was a Blue Heeler, was upstairs. Sleeping on the floor in front of his bed, completely unaware of what was going on and not exactly caring about it either.

And that was it, everyone in his life who was important in any sort of way. Anyone else didn't care or didn't matter. His teachers might recognize how unfortunate a situation like this was but they would move on right away, his grandparents hadn't seen him in over ten years and wouldn't get the news for at least 3 months, his partner in math would be slightly upset that he no longer had anyone to cheat off of when they had a test, and the woman at the grocery store who smiled at him whenever he came in would notice and wonder but never know what really happened.

The voices in his head no longer existed, they died when he stepped off of the bucket. They had fulfilled their purpose of killing him and now they no longer needed to be there. He had been close to them, close enough that he trusted and believed what they had to say. He went off of what they said more often than he did anyone else. They were the ones that had told him he wanted to kill himself, that his life meant nothing and that he wasn't special in any way. They were the ones that had told him every morning that no one would ever love him, that he would die alone.