Part Two

He laid in bed. The clock read 2:40. The tears had dried and he wasn't as upset as he had been. It wasn't anything big, he was just overthinking again. His mother hadn't said anything to him when he got home from school the day before, she was too busy with other things. And now his head was telling him that she didn't care, that she hated him, that if she really loved him she would make time for him. But she didn't love him, so he laid in bed, with tears running down his face. He did some more overthinking, because that's what he did best, and he did that all night.

When it was time for school his mother came into his room and yelled at him.

"Why do I have to get you up for school every day?" she asked.

"Can't you be responsible for once?" she asked.

"Don't you care about your education?" she asked.

So he did what he was told. He got up, and he got ready to go to school, even with the lack of motivation that he felt. He was tired and sad, but it wasn't the same tired and sad that he had felt the night before. This was different and it was weighing him down.

"What's your problem?" his mom asked when he got into the kitchen.

He set his backpack down beside the leg of the couch. "Nothing, I'm fine," he said.

"Well then go brush your teeth and get going."

And that was it, that was all she had said to him before he left for school. He was overwhelmed by a feeling of sadness that he couldn't exactly explain and he was off to school.