Chapter Eight

Oh my gosh guys I'm so sorry for the long wait! I just haven't been feeling like writing this book lately and I don't know why, but I'll try my hardest to start again! I'm sorry about this chapters shortness, I promise the next chapter will be longer. Alright, well I hope you guys like it :)

Luke's POV

We were sitting in the hospital the next morning, Max's mom, Z, and I. The doctors put Max asleep because he wouldn't calm down, which I understand why... I was like this too during my freshman year, it was really bad. I kept telling myself it would get better, it would get better, but it seemed like it wasn't ever going to stop... I felt so alone, like all my friends hated me. And some did when I came out to them, but I soon realized that they weren't real friends if they didn't accept me for who I really was. For a while I was alone, but then I met Kate. She was for me whenever I needed her. She was my best friend... It was kind of funny, she would always wear cat ears and a wolf tail, one day she wore a unicorn horn. It was so funny. Whenever someone said anything about it she would always flipped them off and wag her tail at them and walk away. I haven't seen Kate in a long time, maybe since like... the starting of the summer after sophomore year, she moved, but we talk like all the time. Which reminds me, I gotta talk to her about meeting somewhere, maybe we could go to Starbucks or something.

••••••

It's after visiting hours and only one person is allowed to stay with the patient and his mom said that I could. Even though I love Max to death, I would rather his mother stay with him, but she wanted me to. It was about midnight, I was really tired and just about to fall asleep until I heard a noise. I opened my eyes and looked around the room, nothing could have made the noise other than Max... I looked at him and could see that his eyes were moving underneath his eye leads. "Max?" He made a little groan noise and I stood up, going to the bed side, "Max wake up."

"Five more minutes mom I don't want pancakes..." He groaned, rolling his head back and forth.

"Max... It's Luke, wake up," I said, grabbing his hand.

"Luke? Luke Fox?" He said, giggling, "Luke is pretty hot... I swear he is a model or something."

"Why thank you, but still. Wake up," I said, rubbing his arm. He opened his eyes and looked at me, smiling sleepily, then he realized where he was, his face showing it.

"Luke..." He said, looking down at our hands that were joined together.

"Hey there," I said, smiling.

"Where's- Where's my mom?" He asked, looking around. "Oh god my mom... She must be heart broken..."

"She's fine, Max. She's at home resting," I said, pulling the chair closer to the bed and sitting down. "I'm going to call the doctor."

"No, don't. I wanna be alone."

"Alright..." I said, smiling at him.

"I'm sorry you had to see what you saw..." He said, tears starting to come down his cheeks.

"Max, it's alright, I've been through it, it's ok. Stop crying," I said, wiping away tears.

"What's... What's going to happen next?"

"Well... The doctors are going to give you anti depressants, and probably give you a therapists number. But whatever they do give you, you have to do it. It will help... A lot. And Zoey, your mom, and I will be there for you, always. You have people here for you. Your mom is going to call the principal tomorrow and have the bullying dealt with, you won't be going to school tomorrow, even if they let you out tomorrow. Your mom isn't going to let you. And I won't go either so I'll be with you. We'll get through this together ok?"

"Ok..." He said. "Hey Luke..."

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Can you sleep with me?" He asked.

"Uh, I don't know if the doctors will allow it but... Yeah, move over," I said, he moved over enough for me to claim in, holding him close to me. I'm going to be there for him... I am going to be his Kate...

~~~

Hey guys! Again I'm SO sorry about both the long wait and the shortness of this chapter :( I promise the next chapter will be better...