Your Bear

Bookbag heavy your feet clambered their way through the squeaky halls of your university

Bookbag heavy your feet clambered their way through the squeaky halls of your university. Eyes peering at the room number, your headphone almost falling from your ear as you entered the lab. Grabbing your white lab coat, bookbag resting on the table you sat at your station. Professor Shin at his desk, his eyeglasses perched at the tip of his nose, his wrinkled cheeks pulling into a bright smile as he read his monitor. Your eyes caught the glare that bounced from his glasses, the rest of your very small hybrid ethics class poured into the lab. Each of your classmates taking their seats.

"I have good news today everyone. Very good news!!" Mr.Shin chuckled as he grabbed his clipboard, his worn hands shakily checking everyone off.

"And that may be?" You chimed, stowing your phone before the senile old man could snatch it.

He let out a chuckle, pointing to the world map above the board. "Now my young scientists, can you guess what country on that map I will be taking you to?"

Sehun raised his hand, "Brazil?"

"That's a good one but no." the old man chuckled, "Anymore guesses?"

Hwasa raised hers, "India?"

Mr.Shin gently tapped the top of her head with a ruler stick making a buzzing noize, "Bzz Bzz Wrong my dear."

You raised your hand, blurting, "The Down Under?"

His face lit up, "That's right everyone, pack your bags I'm taking you lab rats to Australia."

Sehun let out a laugh, "And what are we gonna do there watch tarantulas have sex?"

Hwasa letting out a groan if disgust, "That's terrifying stop please."

Mr.Shin let out his rusty chuckle, "To answer your question Sehun, No we aren't going to watch the natural horror that is tarantulas mating. We will be studying something a little more human."

"I don't think Australia has monkeys.." Hwasa pondered aloud.

You squinted your eyes, "Could it be hybrids..?"

Mr.Shin smiling, "Bingo Bingo we have a winner!!"

"Hybrids..?" Sehun repeated, "In Australia, you mean wild hybrids, not just the domesticated ones, you mean real hybrids in the wild?!"

"I like your thinking Lackey, and yes real hybrids in the wild." Mr.Shin gave the top of his head a soft tap with the ruler stick before he put away the map and turned on the projector screen, his computer bringing up a slideshow. "Now my lab rats, never before have there been accounts of wild hybrids, yes we know the world about our domesticated ones, but wild is uncharted territory. We knew of their existence but as for hands-on communication, we haven't made it that far. They are their own peoples and they chose not to interact with us but in Australia, a few have come forward, and we are very, very lucky that we were able to get to be one of the few schools who get to study them." He clicked his tongue, the slideshow showing up with three hybrids on the screen.