💿Ch. 30-Why do men always leave me

The dreams I had were quite interesting that night. Half of them I still don't even know if they were real or not, all I know is they definitely felt real. But I didn't know, and I was not going to ask the person those dreams revolved around because how awkward would that be.

"Hey, did we passionately make out last night against my dresser before this theatre kid I've been letting live with me walk in? Did you also just come back from sneaking out with your ex girlfriend, or was that just a nightmare I had? And did we-"

I wish I could've finished that thought, I really did wish I could have, but I was rudely interrupted by the screaming of my obnoxious housemates.

"LET ME GO!"

"NO! I CAN'T WATCH ANOTHER MAN WALK OUT OF THAT DOOR AND LEAVE ME!"

"YOU SAID YOU WOULD COOK FOR THANKSGIVING! NONE OF US KNOW HOW TO COOK!"

"STOP PULLING ON ME!"

I let out a long sigh before stretching my arms into the sky and yawning as if this was just a causal morning for me. I crawled out of my bed and looked down at the oversized sweatshirt I had.

"So that wasn't part of the dream either. That was real."

"I KNEW YOU LEFT LAST NIGHT, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT MY DAD DID BEFORE HE LEFT FOR GOOD! I KNOW THE CYCLE-"

Pete's screaming just confirmed that that other part was also real, not a horrible nightmare.

My face scrunched into a worried look. This wasn't going to end good. I knew it wasn't going to end good. There were so many red flags I just chose to ignore through my stupid heart shaped sunglasses. Of course a red flag doesn't look too red from that view though, just a flag.

I shook my head and quickly walked out of my room and into the hallway where I watched the scene of Pete and Tom on the floor, weighing down Brendon's ankles with their own bodies and tugging on his duffle bag.

Literally running from affection, another red flag that I saw as just a flag.

"DELILAH DO SOMETHING!" Pete screamed to me.

"YOU CAN LEAVE AFTER YOU COOK!" Tom yelled after Pete. Brendon ignored their pleas and twisted open the door knob, frantically shaking his converse out of their grip. I leaned against the wall, watching him run out of the door, leaving two in a state of distress and me completely unphased, at least that's how I appeared. The door slammed behind him while Pete and Tom quickly crawled up to stand up on their feet.

"You're just gonna let him leave like that?!" Tom asked me, pointing to the door. I shrugged, ignoring the horrible pit in my stomach of sadness.

"If he wants to go, I'm not gonna stop him." I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

"WHY DO MEN ALWAYS LEAVE ME?!" Pete cried as Tom patted his back to comfort him. I continued to lean against the wall, trying so hard to hide my emotions. I was just as sad as they were, but too stubborn to show it. That was until I heard the loud engine of his car start, which is when I finally caved and chased after him.

"God dammit!" I yelled, scrambling to get shoes on. I glanced at the baseball bat he had left next to the door and snatched it before running out of the door to follow him.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THE BAT?!" Tom asked before the door cut him off by shutting behind me. I quickly ran down the stairs of the porch and directly into the street where he was trying to drive off on.

"You left something!" I shouted, obviously fuming with anger.

"Keep it!" Brendon shouted back as he tried to curve around me. I quickly walked in front of the car to stop him though. He slammed his head into the wheel and groaned.