Chapter Five

(A/N: I am so sorry this has taken me so long! I have two chapters for you guys! Thank you so much for all my fans! Enjoy and please give me some feedback)

*Aero's POV*

I stepped into the bathroom that was attached to the room I shared with Bruce. I started the shower and stripped out of the clothes from earlier in the day. I pulled my hair out of its ponytail, it fell in loose waves around my shoulders. I grabbed my phone from the counter and turned on my shower playlist. I checked the time, there were only two hours until the party started. I knew that Natasha would be banging on my door any time now. I hummed along to 'Wait For It' from Hamilton. I stepped into the shower and closed the frosted glass door behind me. I let the water warm my body for a moment. I leaned my head back so water could run through my hair. I closed my eyes and let myself sigh in a sense of peace. I ran my hands through my hair to assure all of my hair was wet before I started to wash it. The sound of the door of the bathroom opening made me pause what I was doing. I opened my eyes just enough to try and see what was going on. I was half expecting Natasha. It was hard to make out who was by the door through the frosted glass. My mind jumped into overdrive causing my imagination to go flying off the handles. My heart sunk to my stomach and a lump formed in my throat. My blood ran cold as panic through my veins. I looked over to the door through the frosted glass. A dark figure with features I couldn't make out stood close to the bathroom door. My panic got the better of me allowing my eyes to play tricks on me. The dark figure morphed into a Chitauri. I stumbled back a bit knocking over a few bottles. They fell to the shower floor with a loud clatter.

"I'm sorry, Aero. I wasn't trying to scare you." Bruce's voice startled me. I blinked a few times and tried to calm my breathing. I shook my head and the image of the Chitauri faded. "I was just gonna brush my teeth real quick, then I got to help Tony with a few more things," He explained quickly. I tried to look through the glass to see what he was doing. He appeared to be holding his hand up by his face to keep from looking at me in the shower.

"Oh... That's okay, Bruce. I'm just a bit jumpy. Not use to being in a house with other people." I let out an uneasy laugh as I tried to hide the shakiness in my voice. I forced myself to focus on finishing my shower. "I'll meet you downstairs, alright?" I asked once the water of the sink turned off.

"Alright," Bruce answered. The door to the bathroom opened and closed again. I let out a relaxed sigh and washed my hair.

I took a deep breath and leaned on the wall beside the staircase that leads down to the area that the party was being held. I could hear faint music pumping through the speakers but it was being drowned out by endless chatter coming from the guest and the other Avengers. I took a few deep breaths. Until recently, I had spent the majority of my life on the Hellicarrier under the care of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Nick Fury. I was not used to large parties like this. I almost felt out of place. I took a few deep breaths and stepped onto the top step. I had a clear view of the party below me. Thor was on the couch chatting away with some veterans. From what I could see, He was telling a very interesting story. A smile tugged on my lips as I watched my best friend's over exaggerated movements. Natasha was on another couch talking with War Machine. She let out a laugh at whatever he had told her. She seemed to be enjoying herself. Clint was away from the hustle of the main party at a small table with the Asian doctor that had batched him up a few days ago. Steve was playing a game of pool with Falcon. From my angle, Steve seemed to be winning, which wasn't a surprise. Tony was bouncing from group to group greeting different people as he went. He passed Bruce who was looking around nervously. He, much like myself, looked like a fish out of water at this party. Tony looked around the room, I assumed to search for me. His blue eyes finally landed on where I stood on the stairs. A small smirk crossed his lips. He placed a firm pat on Bruce's shoulder making Bruce jump a bit. Tony leaned in and whispered in Bruce's ear before making a hand motion up to me. Bruce turned his head towards where I stood. My heart leaped to my throat when his brown eyes met mine. I chewed my bottom lip and started down the stairs. Bruce fumbled about and moved to the base of the stairs to meet me. He held out his hand to help me down the last few steps.